Please visit our website for more information on eligibility requirements and how to apply!
Tag Archives: Scholarship
Every year, Florida Supervisors of Elections award three $1,200 scholarships to students studying political science, business administration, public administration or journalism/mass communications. Eligible students must have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credits for enrollment as a junior). Applicants must be enrolled or accepted as full-time students in a college or university in Florida. No post-graduate or second-degree students.
Applications for the scholarship are due Feb. 28, 2020. Applications must be received by the Supervisor of Elections of the county in which you are registered.
For more information, please contact the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office at 352-374-5252 or Director of Communications and Outreach TJ Pyche at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This session will be held on Thursday, January 24th, from 5-7PM in HVNR160 and will feature administration, academic advisors, past University Scholars, and Center for Undergraduate Research ambassadors. We will be discussing the University Scholars Program ($1750 stipend, prestigious cohort, personalized relationship with a faculty mentor), criteria for graduating with honors, and undergraduate research geared towards business students. We will specifically be talking about how to find topics, professors mentors, and the benefits of these programs. More information on the event can be found on the following Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1495009933965740/
The Warrington College of Business’s Heavener School of Business offers several opportunities for students to apply for scholarships: in March for summer semester, in May for fall semesters and again in October for spring semester awards. Over $60,000 in scholarships, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000, was awarded this past year to undergraduate business, online business, and students studying abroad.
- Academic scholarships:
- Undergraduate Business majors (not accounting) taking 12 credit hours;
- Online students pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- Study Abroad scholarships:
- Students (including students from accounting and other colleges) who intend to study abroad on a Heavener International Program (UF in Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome or Beijing Internship); or
- Business-only majors planning to participate on an exchange program
To apply for the study abroad or academic scholarship, complete the online scholarship application. Have your essay, Financial Aid Award Letter and resume saved as PDF documents before you start the application. Application must be completed all at once.
- Online scholarship application which includes academic plan and permission for Disclosure
- Personal essay with a statement of purpose (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
- Indication of need for scholarship
- Outline of academic and career goals
- Description of study abroad plans and goals, if studying abroad
- Financial Aid Award Letter as a PDF document (from UF Student Self-Service)
- Letter of recommendation
Letter cannot be from a Heavener School of Business International Programs staff member. Recommendation letter must be in PDF document format to be uploaded to the application. The recommender may email the letter.
- Additional essays (if applicable)
For more information follow this link: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/