Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Information Session, Internship, Leadership
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Opportunities
Spring 2019 – Register now while seats are still available!
Administered by Business Career Services staff, assisted by CAP Mentors, and complimented by company presentations, the Career Success class is designed to help sophomores narrow the scope of their career exploration, with the ultimate goal of helping them secure an internship and ultimately, a full-time job prior to their graduation from the Warrington College of Business. Taking an “interactive” approach to career success during each class, this new course puts into action the skills you’ve been taught throughout the semester.
Find out More: warrington.ufl.edu/career
- Identifying functional careers in business based upon your chosen major
- Resume 2.0: Advanced tools to construct a quality resume, utilizing standards and the START method practiced by Business Career Services
- Nailing the Interview: Advanced tools in utilizing the START method to conduct a highly effective job interview
- Tips and tactics on managing a case interview
- In-Class Company Visits: Hear direct from employers themselves, while in class, what they seek in successful business executives
- Crafting an effective 30-second elevator pitch and confidently communicating it to others
- Becoming the Recruiter: A case exercise where you become the recruiter and evaluate talent. Learn how recruiters assess talent so that you know how to effectively showcase the qualities they are looking for
- Learn the skills and abilities of becoming an effective networker, both online and in-person
- Understanding the Academic Recruiting Cycle and the importance of an early start
Develop your internship search marketing plan, 5-Point Email, and LAMP list
Questions? (353) 273-4950 or BCS-Info@warrington.ufl.edu
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Networking, Opportunities, Professional Development
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance company with unsurpassed customer service that focuses on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking undergraduate majors from the Heavener School of Business to assist and work one-on-one with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and have excellent communication skills. These individuals like to come up with creative solutions and take pride in a job well done by maintaining accurate records on clients. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Maintaining client relationships by sending out letters/notices\
- Analyzing alternative options available to clients
- Auditing client files, maintaining and updating database information
- Creating Excel spreadsheets to summarize client data
- Updating client information and making sure information systems are efficiently linked
- Answering phones, sending client correspondence, contacting insurance providers to verify information, making copies, sending faxes, etc.
General interns may also gain some legal experience as they may assist Hartfield Insurance Group’s advisor, Howard M. Rosenblatt, with estate/financial planning.
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to a relaxed office setting that lets you stay in Gainesville, and introduce you to insurance and financial products. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Posted in Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job, Marketing
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Marketing, Marketing Internship, Networking, Opportunities
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance company with unsurpassed customer service that focuses on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking undergraduate marketing majors from the Heavener School of Business to assist and work one-on-one with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and have excellent communication skills. We are looking primarily for someone with a fun personality who enjoys answering people’s questions and sharing useful information over various media. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Promoting the Hartfield Insurance Group’s business through community outreach, social media, and newsletters
- Educating the public by posting relevant articles about news in the insurance industry
- Helping to plan educational seminars and events
- Promoting and coordinating a martial arts-based fundraiser that benefits a local charity – Stop Children’s Cancer
- Working with Infusionsoft, an email marketing and CRM software system
- Researching, developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to a relaxed office setting that lets you stay in Gainesville, and introduce you to insurance and financial products. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Internship, Job, Leadership
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Opportunities
Clif Bar is an organic food company whose success came not from
selling out – but by staying true to our Five Aspirations: Sustaining our
Business, Brands, People, Community, and Planet for long-term.
With our Business with Purpose Scholarship, we hope to inspire
tomorrow’s business leaders to believe that they can be successful
while also staying focused on a greater sense of purpose.
We’re looking for graduating seniors who want to do something
purposeful with the first year of their post-graduate life that will have
impact on People, Planet, or Communities – and are motivated to bring
that purpose-driven experience into their future business career.
The Award Includes:
- 9-12 months for students to explore their purpose after graduation
- Up to $37,172 to pay off their loans (the #1 source of debt)
- A $3,000/month stipend for bills while students complete the program
- Individual mentorship from Clif employees who will help students explore their purpose and guide them toward integrating purpose into their careers
For more information, please visit: https://www.clifbar.com/hub/business-purpose-scholarship?utm_source=neato_faculty&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=scholarship_apply
Posted in Announcement, Career, Involvement, Leadership
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Information Session, Opportunities
Because of student feedback, Retail You – a program to get students prepared for executive retail internships and careers is now taking applications for Spring.
RETAIL YOU is a weekly Friday colloquium (9-10:30) complete with:
- personality assessments – learn who you really are, how you perceive the world and how you make decisions
- communication development sessions – understand how to communicate with executives
- workshops – learn how to work with different generations, develop your personal brand and careers in retailing
- executive speakers
- case project for money and travel – receive faculty guidance and senior support pursuing prestigious award
- career coaching – have continuous access to and support from Miller Center career advisor
- individual mentors – partnered with experienced advisory board seniors to assist in your retail development
- …and free breakfast…we realize it’s morning
This weekly forum is committed to solid retail business development complete with access to executives and recruiting tips. The experience will bring you to the forefront of what the industry seeks and prepare you to fast-track your career. Executive recruiters support, encourage and seek this credential!
The application is here https://forms.warrington.ufl.edu/retail/retail-you/ .
Posted in Announcement, Career, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Announcement, Career, Conference, Leadership Development, Networking
The Department of Distance and Continuing Education at the University of Florida is excited to host the 2nd Annual Inspiring Women Leaders Conference, March 7-8, 2019 at the University of Florida Hilton Conference Center. This two-day event offers personal and professional development opportunities for engagement with women leaders from across the country. The IWL conference is an interactive learning platform designed to target leadership and business skills.
Participating in the 2019 IWL Conference will allow you to:
- Gain tools for developing your professionalism, new skills, and business contacts.
- Learn how to become an authentic leader and overcome obstacles to leadership.
- Increase your connections and boost your circle of influence.
- Recognize bias and barriers and how to remove them.
- Develop strategies to manage conflict, increase confidence and communicate effectively.
- Identify steps for avoiding hidden obstacles, seizing opportunities and being seen as a leader.
During this conference participants will be both challenged and inspired to sharpen their skills, interact with others, and leave this event energized and eager to share their new findings.
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job
Johnson and Johnson has full-time jobs and internships available! Attached is the flyer with additional details. They will also be on campus next week at Career Showcase and Heavener Career Week.
F-HRLDP Internship: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/5387180628?lang=en-us
F-HRLDP Full-time: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/3275180606?lang=en-us
Apply in HIREWarrington!
Posted in Internship
Have you ever wondered what is like to work in an art museum? Harn internships are offered with the goal of providing professional experience, growth opportunities and guidance from museum professionals. Interns have gone on to careers ranging from marketing to retail management at institutions such as the Guggenheim, Christie’s Auction House, and LACMA.
Spring internships are available in Rentals Events, Social Media and Web, Retail Management, Human Resources, Development and more! Deadline for applications is October 15, 2018. Interested candidates can find instructions, applications and project descriptions at www.harn.ufl.edu/intern. Questions? Contact Paige Willis, Education Program Assistant, at 352.294.7062 or firstname.lastname@example.org