Location: Tampa, FL
Reporting to: FIBA President and CEO
Purpose of the Job:
The FIBA Marketing Manager is the ‘owner’ of the marketing function in the US and Israel who is building and driving the FIBA Brand forward in both countries. The individual in this role is responsible for driving the FIBA brand forward and elevating our brand awareness in the US and in Israel, as well as owning end-to-end communications, including social media and content creation, PR, promotions, and events and sponsor/partner marketing to attract the highest-quality startup applicants and attract and retain new sponsors and partners to FIBA.
Scope: Full time (40 hours per week)
Start Day: July 2016
Florida Israel Business accelerator (FIBA) seeks an experienced High-Tec B2B marketer who is passionate and knowledgeable about both technology and marketing to manage every aspect of marketing in the US and in Israel. We are looking for a “Swiss Army knife” – someone who can do it all in marketing; be it social media and content development, PR, marketing material creation, marketing support, community affairs management, partner marketing, as well as being a brand ambassador for FIBA throughout the community. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the President/CEO and will frequently interact with both internal and external stakeholders including the startup principals, the local business community, public officials, and with members of the Tampa Bay community in general. The Marketing Manager must be comfortable with making public presentations or public speaking.
The position is multifaceted. In addition to interacting with internal stakeholders, the Marketing Manager interacts with many different external stakeholder groups:
• Sponsors: FIBA is a project of the Tampa Jewish Community Center and Federation, a 501c3 non-profit, and is supported by the state of Florida, Hillsborough County and through corporate and individual sponsorships. A critical task of the Marketing Manager is to assist in the effort to attain operational sustainability; develop financial sponsorship from national and multinational corporations, assist in creating strategic partnership, and develop private donors and affiliate members. The successful candidate will help recruit and interact with sponsors on a regular basis to coordinate mutually beneficial cross-promotional activities, as well as work closely with the partnership team to drive leads through the funnel.
• Startups: We want to attract the best startups in Israel and Florida to apply to our program. A successful candidate will have a high degree of familiarity with the startup world and have the ability to widely disseminate information regarding the FIBA program in order for startups to apply to our program, as well as leverage the startup stories for PR and marketing.
• Experts: FIBA relies on mentors, judges, and investors to help our startups grow. A successful candidate will have the skills necessary to reach the right audiences and attract top experts to support and join our program.
Our ideal candidate is “always-on” and always connected. The candidate will be a B2B marketer who is passionate about entrepreneurship, marketing and technology. The candidate will be creative in the approach to spreading FIBA’s unique message. He/she also has the capacity to communicate with all levels of organizations, is a team player that works well cross-functionally, and is strategic when thinking about targeting key audiences and constituent groups.
Localize and execute on the FIBA bi-national marketing plan including, but not limited to, the tasks below:
• Manage the marketing of FIBA’s recruitment application. (we anticipate over 100 applicants) across all marketing channels (applications open September 1st , 2016)
• Manage the FIBA newsletter, the FIBA blog, and Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts, as part of a holistic communications strategy while delivering on key metrics for measuring success based on KPI’s
• Create new content that is relevant to the trends and discussions in the entrepreneurial ecosystem for by-lined articles, op-eds, blogs, and other content
• Manage pre-and post-event promotions for major public events and creation of event materials (writing and design direction/management)
• Recruit and manage relationships with sponsors on cross-promotional activities and work with the director of business development and the CEO to drive sponsor recruitment as well as service existing sponsors
• Secure speaking engagements for FIBA at key tech and entrepreneurship events
• Pursue, secure, and manage new marketing partners to expand community outreach
• Create a culture of high service, high support, and high expectations in working with corporate and government partners
• Create a PR plan to execute PR strategy and pitch journalists in Florida and in Israel for relevant stories about FIBA and our startups. Build and execute on all elements of PR plan including preparing talking points for events and interviews for senior staff, influencer strategy, and more
• Engage with our cohort startups founders and coordinate activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
• Manage speaker sessions and seminars with industry experts around various startup topics
• Identify opportunities to create new programs to drive startup engagements
• Stay engaged with the startups in our accelerator program, and build relationships with alumni to promote their news strategically
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong interest and competence around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
• A passion for networking and connection
• Self-motivated and independently driven
• Demonstrated ability to manage consistent and integrated social media and communications campaigns on time and budget
• Documented success in building, managing and growing meaningful relationships within entrepreneurial community in general, and social media community(ies), in particular
• Highly developed analytical skills able to generate meaningful insight
• A friendly and professional person who is able to make connections comfortably and easily in the community
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to thoroughly research topics in a short amount of time as background documents
• Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – from interfacing with investors to ordering food…”whatever it takes” attitude is a must!
• Skilled in leveraging limited resources to create big successes
• Enjoy working in a people oriented, fluid, dynamic, supportive, creative and fast pacing organization with a minimal amount of direction
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English with knowledge of Spanish, Hebrew or other languages a plus.
• Technical Skills – some if not all of the following: Basic CSS, Adobe CS6 (DreamWeaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat), Windows, Mac, Oracle/Sangam, WordPress, iMovie, ConstantContact, Emailmaker, MailChimp, Wix, Blogger, Google Analytics, Feedburner, Dlvr.it, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word). SharePoint, HootSuite Pro, OneTouchHE WEB
• Close familiarity with Jewish and Israeli culture is a plus.