Posted in Academics, International Study, Scholarship, Scholarships
Applications open July 1, 2019 on the FEA Website
- Applications close September 9, 2019
- Up to $5,000 in scholarships available
- Spring 2020 FIE London are eligible
- Preference given to minority and first-generation students (please check full eligibility requirements)
FEA makes life-changing, international experiences accessible to all by supporting minority and first-generation college students before, during, and after they participate in education abroad programs. With mirrored values, FIE and FEA look forward to work together to provide the financial means for under-represented students wishing with study with us in London, Dublin, and Amman as well as other programs around the globe.
Posted in Academics, International Business, International Study
UF students have the opportunity to extend their business studies at one of Warrington’s 27 international partner universities in Europe, Asia, South American and Australia.
Accepted students expand their business curriculum and international network at top-rank ed business schools while retaining their low UF tuition cost.
Heavener offers limited placements at each university in the fall and spring semester, so students are encouraged to apply early.
Exchange Programs: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-international-study/outgoing/exchange/
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Internship, Job, Leadership
New openings now listed for Summer 2019
The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation is hiring for Summer Student Analysts! We have 6 Paid Positions for Summer 2019. Apply now and spread the word.
- All positions are open to Georgetown and non-Georgetown students.
- We have positions open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; early applications encouraged!
- Applications are due April 8 unless otherwise specified.
- You can apply for multiple positions through a single application. You will indicate multiple preferences through the survey found in each job description.
Please share this announcement widely, including outside of Georgetown. We look forward to recruiting a great group of analysts from a diversity of backgrounds. Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.
In addition to these 6 positions, we will be posting 1-2 additional opportunities soon. Check our website frequently for updates! And if you haven’t already, please be sure to follow our LinkedIn page as we will be sharing more career advice, events, and research throughout the year.
Learn more at Careers at Beeck
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, Career, Job, Leadership
Tagged Accounting, Announcement, Internship, Job, Leadership, Leadership Development, Opportunities
The application for the Accounting Mentorship Program (AMP) is now open! AMP, which starts fall 2019 and concludes spring 2020, pairs students with an accountant from Dixon Hughes Goodman, a leading accounting, consulting and tax firm that is sponsoring AMP, who will be their mentor throughout the program.
We’re hosting a two-day Welcome Event to kick off the program in the fall and a three-day Capstone Event in the spring, both of which are held in Chapel Hill, NC (all expenses paid).
Additionally, AMP consists of bi-monthly online workshops that include such sessions as:
- Building an Effective Resume
- Improving your Interview Skills
- Branding Yourself
- Developing your Networking Skills
- Promoting and Supporting Diversity in the Workplace
- Choosing a Career in Accounting
At the close of the program, students will have the opportunity to interview for DHG’s Leadership Conference, which could potentially lead to paid internships!
Those who are underrepresented minorities, first-generation college students, and students who have overcome social or economic hardship are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: April 22nd, 2019.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at: email@example.com.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Finance, Gainesville, Information Session, International Business, Internship, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Writing
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Involvement, Leadership Development, Networking, Opportunities, Summer Opportunity, UF
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Briana Klein at email@example.com by Friday, February 22nd at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Information Session, Scholarship
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Information Session, Scholarship
This session will be held on Thursday, January 24th, from 5-7PM in HVNR160 and will feature administration, academic advisors, past University Scholars, and Center for Undergraduate Research ambassadors. We will be discussing the University Scholars Program ($1750 stipend, prestigious cohort, personalized relationship with a faculty mentor), criteria for graduating with honors, and undergraduate research geared towards business students. We will specifically be talking about how to find topics, professors mentors, and the benefits of these programs. More information on the event can be found on the following Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1495009933965740/
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Gainesville
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career Development, Internship, Opportunities
As we make our way to or back to school, think about exploring:
- Physical Exercise
- Something as simple as taking a daily walk around campus could help you get back into the swing of things much quicker
- Regular Sleep Schedule
- The sooner you begin going to bed at a reasonable time and getting up earlier, the sooner you’ll stop singing the post-summer blues and be ready for your studies.
- Healthy Eating
- By making an effort to start eating healthier foods once you arrive/return, you’ll gradually find yourself feeling more alert and invested in your education.
- By diving head first back into your old or new routine of attending classes and fulfilling those academic responsibilities on a regular basis, you can steadily gain all the motivation you might have lost over the summer.
- Sense of Responsibility
- Learning how to rely on yourself again can definitely help in reigniting your passion for living and learning.
- Sense of Self-Gratitude
- While getting a college education is immeasurable, there are points during the journey when you may feel overwhelmed by this path. Remember to take a moment to realize how much you truly have to be grateful for.
- At the top of your list should be the fact you’re a college student who has the opportunity to follow your passion and pursue your dream career.
Posted in Academics
If you are interested in multiculturalism and/or mindfulness, this special topics course may be for you!
There are limited seats in this course, so if you would like to register or if you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The class will be experiential, interactive, and will involve meaningful contributions. Culturally diverse community role models and emerging leaders will be sharing powerful perspectives regarding the intersectionality of visible and invisible identities (e.g., race, ethnicity, sexual/affectional orientation, gender, socioeconomic status, ability, spirituality, religion, citizenship, age).
Multicultural mistakes are common and are found in helping professions, where benevolent people are intending to be of service. Mindfulness practices may help with emotional intelligence, self-regulation, awareness of oneself and others, empathy, compassion, and relationship repair.
Together, we can mindfully explore how we can be more conscious on individual and collective levels. Mindfulness can be applied personally and professionally, and can help us grow in our interpersonal and intrapersonal awareness, knowledge and skills.