The University of Florida International Center (UFIC) invites students, faculty, staff and alumni to enter its annual international photography contest. Each entrant may submit up to two digital photos for one of the three categories. The contest is open from August 10 through October 16. Winners will receive prizes during International Education Week. For more information, please visit:
Category Archives: Academics
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in an art museum? Harn internships are offered with the goal of providing professional experience, growth opportunities and guidance from museum professionals. Interns have gone on to careers at institutions such as the Guggenheim, Christie’s Auction House and LACMA.
Fall internships are available in Development & Development Communications. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2020. Interested candidates can find instructions, applications and project descriptions at www.harn.ufl.edu/intern. Questions? Contact the Intern Coordinator, at email@example.com
Aha Pure Foods is a Gainesville based vegan soup company with the goal to inspire and educate people about the healing powers of whole, plant-based foods. We currently have a remote internship position open for the Summer, and are looking for someone who has strong written skills and would be interested in writing blog posts and newsletters. More details about the internship position and the company are included, here, in the application.
Our first show of Summer A will be taking place on Thursday, May 28th at 6:30pm. ACCENT will be bringing on an esteemed comedian, John Mulaney, for a virtual show which will take place on Microsoft Teams. Given the present state of things, it would be a good opportunity for students and faculty alike to take a break from daily stresses and laugh a bit!
Registration is at bit.ly/ufmulaney or through scanning the QR code below.
The goal of this program is to educate and inspire a new generation of theatre management professionals. The curriculum features content-driven courses that emphasize the skill sets necessary for a career in North American Theatre.
The program promotes study of commercial and not-for-profit theatre with an emphasis on the collaboration between the two business models. The experiential curriculum features a unique blend of classroom study, field excursions, a professional internship, and a New York Theatre Management Intensive. Majors are supervised by a faculty consisting of leading New York City-based theatre professionals and engage in multiple master classes taught by innovators from the Broadway, commercial, and not-for-profit professional theatre communities.
For more information please use the following link: UF Theatre Management Bulletin
Fall 2020 scholarship applications are due soon! Awards range from $500 – $2,000 !
The Heavener School of Business in the Warrington College of Business offers two types of undergraduate scholarships:
- General academic scholarships for all undergraduate business majors (includes UF online program)
- Study abroad scholarships for those participating in our study abroad programs (all majors including accounting students are eligible)
We strongly encourage students to apply. The application deadline is May 1st.
For additional eligibility information and application instructions please visit: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
Contact the scholarship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Interested in attending a VIRTUAL Career Fair?
See the task in the Gator Ready app for link to FREE registration for a virtual career fair on April 2nd.
As UF has moved to online classes for the remainder of Spring and Summer A/C, we want Heavener undergraduate students to know that Gator Ready continues to provide students with new competency development opportunities online.
Students can complete tasks in Gator Ready through the Suitable app such as:
- Create your Professional 30 Second Pitch
- Internship/Career Research (reflect on possible internship or job positions)
- Activating and updating their HireWarrington account
Students can self-report experiences and positions such as:
- Reflecting on being a student tutor or teaching assistant
- Uploading proof of achievement, such as a certification in software
- Reporting that they have held/currently hold an E-Board position
Read and discover more about these tasks in the Suitable app or online at: https://www.suitable.co/. You already have an account! Just log in with your Gatorlink user name and password. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Gator Ready team we are still working hard to ensure you have access to the competency development opportunities you need!
- Please direct general questions to our main email address: email@example.com
The University of Florida Student Chapter (UF) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has leadership opportunities and great events open to all majors, and ages for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2020- Spring 2021).
To give some useful context, UF IEEE seeks to develop students professionally and technically, while providing opportunities to network with peers and give back to the Gainesville community.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization. IEEE’s core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
UF IEEE is a spectacular opportunity for a business or marketing students involvement portfolio in particular for 4 reasons.
- Chance to apply the knowledge and skills they have learned from their courses.
- Leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Historian (Social Media and Photography Specialist)
- Social Coordinator (Event Management and Logistics)
- Newsletter Director (Manage a yearly published newsletter)
- Leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Connect and coordinate with recruiters and many unique companies who attend career showcase.
- Leadership opportunities include: Corporate Information Session Coordinator (3 positions)
- Be a part of an interdisciplinary team and network with students from other majors. Learn about technology we all use on a day to day basis. Developing technical skills computer programming (coding), Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and more.
- Opportunity to give back to others in the community, and teach others how and why business and science coexist
- Opportunities include: Community Service (CS) Team Lead, CS Coordinator, CS Team Member
To learn more about UF IEEE or how to get involved, contact us through:
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/UFIEEE/
Website @ http://ieee.ece.ufl.edu/
Instagram @ ieeeuf
IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
Are you interested in research at UF?
Conducting research as a business student gives you an opportunity for more in-depth study of a particular business topic and is a unique achievement supplementing your undergraduate experience. If you need help getting started or would like to find out more, the Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students (CURBS) offers Peer Advising for anyone who would like get started in undergraduate research.
To schedule an online session, follow this link: https://calendly.com/ufcurbsadvising/.