Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Career, Gainesville, Gator Ready, Involvement, Networking, Press
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Comedian, Funny, Gainesville, John Mulaney, Networking
Our first show of Summer A will be taking place on Thursday, May 28th at 6:30pm. ACCENT will be bringing on an esteemed comedian, John Mulaney, for a virtual show which will take place on Microsoft Teams. Given the present state of things, it would be a good opportunity for students and faculty alike to take a break from daily stresses and laugh a bit!
Registration is at bit.ly/ufmulaney or through scanning the QR code below.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Opportunities
The goal of this program is to educate and inspire a new generation of theatre management professionals. The curriculum features content-driven courses that emphasize the skill sets necessary for a career in North American Theatre.
The program promotes study of commercial and not-for-profit theatre with an emphasis on the collaboration between the two business models. The experiential curriculum features a unique blend of classroom study, field excursions, a professional internship, and a New York Theatre Management Intensive. Majors are supervised by a faculty consisting of leading New York City-based theatre professionals and engage in multiple master classes taught by innovators from the Broadway, commercial, and not-for-profit professional theatre communities.
For more information please use the following link: UF Theatre Management Bulletin
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Career, Finance, Gator Ready, Information, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, International Study, Internship, Real Estate, Scholarship, Study Abroad
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Involvement, Opportunities
Fall 2020 scholarship applications are due soon! Awards range from $500 – $2,000 !
The Heavener School of Business in the Warrington College of Business offers two types of undergraduate scholarships:
- General academic scholarships for all undergraduate business majors (includes UF online program)
- Study abroad scholarships for those participating in our study abroad programs (all majors including accounting students are eligible)
We strongly encourage students to apply. The application deadline is May 1st.
For additional eligibility information and application instructions please visit: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
Contact the scholarship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gator Ready, Leadership, Networking
Interested in attending a VIRTUAL Career Fair?
See the task in the Gator Ready app for link to FREE registration for a virtual career fair on April 2nd.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Gainesville, Gator Ready, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Real Estate, Workshop
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Career skills, Gainesville, Involvement, Opportunities
As UF has moved to online classes for the remainder of Spring and Summer A/C, we want Heavener undergraduate students to know that Gator Ready continues to provide students with new competency development opportunities online.
Students can complete tasks in Gator Ready through the Suitable app such as:
- Create your Professional 30 Second Pitch
- Internship/Career Research (reflect on possible internship or job positions)
- Activating and updating their HireWarrington account
Students can self-report experiences and positions such as:
- Reflecting on being a student tutor or teaching assistant
- Uploading proof of achievement, such as a certification in software
- Reporting that they have held/currently hold an E-Board position
Read and discover more about these tasks in the Suitable app or online at: https://www.suitable.co/. You already have an account! Just log in with your Gatorlink user name and password. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Gator Ready team we are still working hard to ensure you have access to the competency development opportunities you need!
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Career skills, Coding, Data science institute, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Leadership, Opportunities, Publishing
The University of Florida Student Chapter (UF) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has leadership opportunities and great events open to all majors, and ages for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2020- Spring 2021).
To give some useful context, UF IEEE seeks to develop students professionally and technically, while providing opportunities to network with peers and give back to the Gainesville community.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization. IEEE’s core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
UF IEEE is a spectacular opportunity for a business or marketing students involvement portfolio in particular for 4 reasons.
- Chance to apply the knowledge and skills they have learned from their courses.
- Leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Historian (Social Media and Photography Specialist)
- Social Coordinator (Event Management and Logistics)
- Newsletter Director (Manage a yearly published newsletter)
- Connect and coordinate with recruiters and many unique companies who attend career showcase.
- Leadership opportunities include: Corporate Information Session Coordinator (3 positions)
- Be a part of an interdisciplinary team and network with students from other majors. Learn about technology we all use on a day to day basis. Developing technical skills computer programming (coding), Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and more.
- Opportunity to give back to others in the community, and teach others how and why business and science coexist
- Opportunities include: Community Service (CS) Team Lead, CS Coordinator, CS Team Member
To learn more about UF IEEE or how to get involved, contact us through:
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/UFIEEE/
Website @ http://ieee.ece.ufl.edu/
Instagram @ ieeeuf
IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, Involvement, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Real Estate
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Career skills, Leadership, Opportunities, Publishing
Are you interested in research at UF?
Conducting research as a business student gives you an opportunity for more in-depth study of a particular business topic and is a unique achievement supplementing your undergraduate experience. If you need help getting started or would like to find out more, the Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students (CURBS) offers Peer Advising for anyone who would like get started in undergraduate research.
To schedule an online session, follow this link: https://calendly.com/ufcurbsadvising/.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Information, Writing
The UF Writing Studio has a full schedule of free online, individual writing tutoring sessions available now!
As UF has gone to online classes, we want the entire UF community to know that the UF Writing Studio is still open, and is providing live, online, individual tutoring for all UF students, working on all writing projects. Please go to tutortrac.clas.ufl.edu to see our schedule and make an appointment; we are open M-F from 10:00 – 4:00, and M-R evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Martin Simpson at email@example.com
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Gainesville, Press
Dear Heavener students –
As you are aware, COVID-19 has prompted UF to move all classes online through March 30 (http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/). This message is intended to provide you with specific guidance on the Heavener School’s action plan for all class activity, advising, and student activities here in HSB, effective Monday March 16 through at least March 30.
- Classes: all classes will be delivered online, effective 3/16. For EP courses, you will not have the option of attending the live session. Faculty will teach their course to empty classrooms.
- Advising: all academic, career and study abroad advising appointments will be conducted via Zoom (or similar), phone or email. This includes all advanced registration advising. You will not have the option of coming to visit with a Heavener advisor or team member in person. More details on advanced registration advising will be coming soon in a separate email.
- Student Activities: all CLP, BCS, BCC and student organization activities will be suspended or conducted remotely. No UF associated programs or activities will host in-person activities or meetings during this time. In accordance with UF strategy, student travel for university related activities must be suspended (e.g., student organization professional development trips). We do fully encourage and support zoom meetings.
To support these measures, the 3rd floor of Heavener Hall and all classrooms in Heavener Hall will be closed to students from March 16-30. You will have access to breakout rooms and common gathering space. We highly encourage the recommended 6ft social distancing at all times in all spaces in Heavener (and in all of your daily activities).
This is an unprecedented event, and we will continue to do all we can to deliver a high quality academic experience, while also maximizing your safety and the safety of the UF community. I also want you to know that we will all be 100% available and accessible to you during this time – to answer any questions you may have and to help in any way possible. To that end, we’ve provided a quick referral list (below) for how to contact the Heavener School departments to get a quick response to your questions:
- Academic Advising
- In lieu of walk-in advising, please direct all advising questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send email from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, an advisor will set this up via email.
- International Programs
- Please direct all study abroad advising questions to email@example.com. Messages should be sent from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, and advisor will set this up a meeting via email.
- Students can call International Programs for general questions at: 352.273.0151
- Career and Leadership Programs
- Business Career Services and Career Advising
- All students will receive notification of Virtual Coaching and Services options via Zoom from their assigned Career Coach
- General Questions
Please continue to closely monitor UF messaging for updates http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/. We will continue to provide you with ongoing and regular updates as needed related to the Heavener School, to supplement messaging from UF.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team. Be safe, take care of you and those you care for. We will do the same, including taking care of you, our incredible students! Dr. S
Alex Sevilla, Ed.D.
Associate Dean & Director
Heavener School of Business
WARRINGTON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
Heavener Hall 333