Aha Pure Foods is a Gainesville based vegan soup company with the goal to inspire and educate people about the healing powers of whole, plant-based foods. We currently have a remote internship position open for the Summer, and are looking for someone who has strong written skills and would be interested in writing blog posts and newsletters. More details about the internship position and the company are included, here, in the application.
Tag Archives: Marketing
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
Position is a 10-20 hour per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at email@example.com and Lily Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 8th at 11:59pm EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Have you ever wondered what it is like to work in an art museum? Harn internships are offered with the goal of providing professional experience, growth opportunities and guidance from museum professionals. Interns have gone on to careers ranging from marketing to retail management at institutions such as the Guggenheim, Christie’s Auction House, and LACMA.
Summer internships are available in Marketing & PR, Development and more! The deadline for applications is March 15, 2020. Interested candidates can find instructions, applications and project descriptions at www.harn.ufl.edu/intern. Questions? Contact Paige Willis, Early Learning, Intern & Family Programs Coordinator, at 352.294.7062 or email@example.com.
In partnership with the University of Florida Doctor of Plant Medicine Program, we conduct a vocational training program for individuals to learn about horticulture and gain job skills. Participants of the program have the opportunity to become Certified Horticulture Professionals after completing the course. For individuals that have experienced trauma, spending time in the garden also promotes mental and physical health. Volunteer gardeners and GRACE Marketplace guests work together to grow fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs to be prepared in the GRACE Marketplace Café 131 where individuals experiencing homelessness may come to enjoy nutritious food produced with tender love and care.
We gladly welcome all students, staff, or faculty interested in volunteering, but are especially looking for:
- Board Members
- Social Media/Community Engagement/Marketing
- Gardeners (no experience necessary!)
You can read more about these positions on serveGNV: http://bit.do/GRACE-grows
If you are a student organization interested in organizing a day of service, please contact us directly.
Thank you for considering the impact you can have in our Gainesville community!
Are you interested in using the power of business as a force for good?
Spring 2020 – Mod 4 – UF Business for Good Lab: Social Impact & Sustainability Consulting
ENT 4934 – Special Topics – class # 26042 / section #1E88 T,R | Period 7 – 8 HGS 140
B Corps—like Patagonia, TOMS, and Ben & Jerry’s —are “for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.”
B Corporation certification is to business as Fair Trade is to coffee, USDA Organic to apples, or LEED to green building.
UF’s Social Impact & Sustainability Initiative (https://news.warrington.ufl.edu/entrepreneurship/importance-of-the-social-impact-sustainability-initiative/) in the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center is launching a collaborative program, in partnership with Florida for Good (https://floridaforgood.com), to help Florida companies achieve B Corp certification by working with teams of UF student consultants. This program is designed to connect students to aspiring B Corporations, including startups in the greater-Gainesville community and other Gator-grown businesses across Florida. The Business For Good Lab offers students an opportunity to engage in experiential learning projects (earning credit for ENT6930) to deepen their knowledge of social impact & sustainability.
You’re invited to join us at our Launch event to learn more about the power of B Corps, the certification process, and the companies that will be involved in this exciting experiential learning opportunity.
Tuesday March 10th, 2020 2:45-3:45pm
Hough Hall room 140
Contact Dr. Kristin Joys at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MARKETING INTERN POST
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance agency that concentrates on life and health insurance, focusing on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking undergraduate marketing majors to work with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe, and have excellent communication skills. We are looking primarily for someone with a fun personality who enjoys answering people’s questions, sharing useful information over various media, and be able to work independently with meeting deadlines. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Promoting the Hartfield Insurance Group’s business through community outreach, social media, and newsletters
- Educating the public by posting relevant articles about news in the insurance industry
- Helping to plan educational seminars and events
- Promoting and coordinating a martial arts-based fundraiser that benefits a local charity – Stop Children’s Cancer
- Researching, developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to an active office setting, lets you stay in Gainesville, introduce you to insurance and financial products, and allows you to exercise marketing campaigns and ideas. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Come out and participate in Marketing Week presented by the American Marketing Association!
Marketing Week will be showcasing what AMA is all about; providing tangible and soft skills to business students. This event is open to everyone and a great opportunity to expand your skillset and gain new perspectives from companies of different types and sizes.
The schedule for Marketing Week is as follows:
Monday 10/14 6:15pm STZ101: The Ultimate Digital Customer Experience with Phos Creative
Tuesday 10/15 6:15pm LIT109: Building Transferable Skills Through Sales Opportunities
Wednesday 10/16 5pm WEIL 408A: Intro to Photoshop and Google Analytics
Thursday 10/17 12pm STZ101: Gymshark: Influencer Marketing
SCORE, a nationwide non-profit whose mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education, needs your help. We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help with marketing, media relations, fundraising, technology, and workshop execution. If you’ve got a few extra hours per month to help your local community, we need you. Volunteering for SCORE looks great on your resume, and we can even help you launch your own business ideas!
UF Health Communications is interested in business students for paid marketing internships.
- Writing and editing content for internal/external audiences.
- Assists marketing coordinators with development and implementation of social media plans, blog writing and website content
- Assists marketing coordinators in writing/editing patient education materials
- Assists marketing coordinators in collecting patient stories, repurposing existing content for internal and external communications channels
- Assists marketing coordinators in writing and creating physician bios.
- Shadow or help with media assists, client meetings, photo/video shoots, special events, project management and budgeting.
- Helps inform and engage diverse audiences by telling compelling stories that illustrate UF Health’s commitment to quality patient care, innovative research and health education to improve quality of life.
- 15-20 hrs./week
- Candidates must be enrolled as a university junior, senior or graduate student in a marketing, advertising or communications program
- Experience writing for multimedia communications tools using Associated Press style
- Ideal candidates will have already successfully completed a marketing internship
To apply and/or for more information, contact Alisha Katz @ firstname.lastname@example.org