Posted in Career, Gainesville, Internship, Involvement, Job, Leader, Leadership
Tagged Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Internship, Job, Leadership Development, Opportunities
General Internship Post
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance agency that concentrates on life and health insurance, focusing on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking hardworking individuals to assist and work with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, be detailed oriented, and have excellent communication skills. These individuals should like to produce new creative solutions and take pride in a job well done by maintaining accurate client records. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Maintaining client relationships by sending out letters/notices
- Analyzing alternative options available to clients
- Auditing client files, maintaining and updating database information
- Creating Excel spreadsheets to summarize client data
- Updating client information and making sure information systems are efficiently linked
- Answering phones, sending client correspondence, contacting insurance providers, making copies, sending faxes, etc.
General interns may also gain some legal and financial planning experience assisting lawyer Howard M. Rosenblatt, with estate/financial planning.
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to an active office setting, and introduce you to insurance and financial products. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, App Development, Involvement, Leader, Leadership
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Leadership, Leadership Development, Opportunities
Register for LeadUF Today!
LeadUF, hosted by the David & Wanda Brown Center for Leadership & Service, is a foundational leadership development experience that includes an overnight retreat and several meetings. LeadUF allows you to build personal skills and understanding, become a leader on campus, and connect with other students. This unique, limited access experience is ideal for 1st and 2nd year students. Start the new year off by making 2020 about investing in your leadership development! Applications are OPEN and are due January 17th. For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/LeadUFregistration
Posted in Announcement, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Presenting
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Gainesville, Information, Opportunities
MLK Day of Service 2020! This is a campus-wide community service event for students and will take place on January 20th from 8:30 am-2:00 pm. Students will meet in the Rion Ballroom in the Reitz Union and then travel to a designated service site in the community. At this event, students will be able to reflect on the importance of service and its’ connection with diversity and inclusion while giving back to the Gainesville community at the same time.
Participants in MLK Day of Service will help gain experience in:
- Building awareness to diverse social issues and communities
- Taking initiative to act on local issues in the Gainesville/North Central Florida area.
- Learning how diversity and inclusion align themselves in the realm of service-learning
Registration is now open! More information and the link to register can be found at our website: http://www.leadershipandservice.ufl.edu/programs/days_of_service/
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this event.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Information Session, Marketing, Networking
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Information, Information Session, Leadership Development, Opportunities
A global experience can easily be within your reach. Find out how during Global Gator Month! Join UF’s Career Connection Center, International Center, and Center for Latin American Studies as we celebrate global experiences.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Gainesville, Involvement, Job, Leadership Development, Opportunities
Seeking a transfer student who has a passion for mentoring incoming transfer students. This position is open to all current Heavener School of Business transfer students for this coming Spring 2020 semester that will help with the facilitation of class activities, securing student panel guests in addition to other responsibilities.
• A transfer student who successfully completed the GEB4930 – Transfer Success Seminar course
• Has been a business student at least two full semesters
• 2.75 UF GPA or higher
• Has either completed the internship requirement (GEB4941 or Retail), has prior internship/work experience, or has completed a study abroad or exchange.
• Comfortable communicating with students and giving presentations in front of a class
• Lead class icebreaker activity
• Monitor attendance in class each week
• Attend every class as well as facilitate discussions
• Respond to students emails
• Write weekly recap email to students
• Meet with the instructor for approx. 1 hour once a week to go over class material/concerns
• Hold office hours in order to assist students individually
TA position is a paid stipend role.
SPRING 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE: Mondays from 11:45am-1:40pm.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume.
Posted in Academics, BCS, Business Career Services, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Job, Leadership, Opportunities
Business Career Services is looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual who demonstrates initiative and the ability to work and communicate well with others. The student assistant will work alongside the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events and support the BCS team in delivering recruiting experiences for employers and students within the Warrington College of Business. This position will comprise of daily tasks and special projects which require organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
This position is a commitment of 10-15 hours a week. Training will occur during the first two weeks of December for a start in January 2020. The position will be located in 350 Hough Hall.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events
- Verify and track BCS CAP Mentor time/payroll
- Communicate with CAP Mentors on their status
- Understand and enforce university regulations regarding student payroll
- Record and accurately maintain BCS Operations & Event expense budget
- Communicates budget to appropriate staff members
- Help identify future budget needs
- Aid staff in set up for major BCS events, including week leading up to the event and day of responsibilities
- Create and maintain WordPress surveys
- Submit Room Reservations
- Run errands such as picking up packages, copy center items, and catered food delivery
- Assist Fiscal Assistant in the following:
- Placing Copy Center orders, FedEx package pick up requests, and room reservations
- General office tasks (filing, scanning, preparing documents)
- Booking accommodations for BCS interview candidates
- Tracking staff receipts & invoices
- Preparing financial forms and processing payments
- Occasionally act as the receptionist for walk-in student traffic and corporate partners
- Maintain office organization and inventory
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Developed customer service skills in person and on the phone
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Undergraduate 1st or 2nd year business students are preferred
Application: Interested candidates should complete the Careers at UF Job application- http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/512531/student-assistant
Posted in Announcement, Career, Information, Networking
Tagged Announcement, Career, Information, Involvement, Opportunities
October is Disability Advocacy Month!
There are numerous programs going on this month but in particular on Oct. 14th where there will be a fantastic company panel, comprised of P&G, Ernst & Young, Citi, and Accenture. They will be discussing corporate inclusivity and diversity practices with an emphasis on disability. You can find more information on the website below. All students are invited to come and learn more about this topic which will help prepare you for entering the workplace.
Learn more here: https://disability.ufl.edu/disability-advocacy-month/
Posted in Announcement, Career, Information Session, Marketing, Networking
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Marketing, Networking, Opportunities
Come out and participate in Marketing Week presented by the American Marketing Association!
Marketing Week will be showcasing what AMA is all about; providing tangible and soft skills to business students. This event is open to everyone and a great opportunity to expand your skillset and gain new perspectives from companies of different types and sizes.
The schedule for Marketing Week is as follows:
Monday 10/14 6:15pm STZ101: The Ultimate Digital Customer Experience with Phos Creative
Tuesday 10/15 6:15pm LIT109: Building Transferable Skills Through Sales Opportunities
Wednesday 10/16 5pm WEIL 408A: Intro to Photoshop and Google Analytics
Thursday 10/17 12pm STZ101: Gymshark: Influencer Marketing
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged Announcement, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Opportunities, Volunteer
SCORE, a nationwide non-profit whose mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education, needs your help. We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help with marketing, media relations, fundraising, technology, and workshop execution. If you’ve got a few extra hours per month to help your local community, we need you. Volunteering for SCORE looks great on your resume, and we can even help you launch your own business ideas!
For more information, check out https://www.score.org/volunteer, or email email@example.com
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Involvement, Job, Networking, Opportunities
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lily Huddleston at email@example.com by Monday, October 07th at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced