Posted in Academics, BCS, Business Career Services, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Job, Leadership, Opportunities
Business Career Services is looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual who demonstrates initiative and the ability to work and communicate well with others. The student assistant will work alongside the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events and support the BCS team in delivering recruiting experiences for employers and students within the Warrington College of Business. This position will comprise of daily tasks and special projects which require organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
This position is a commitment of 10-15 hours a week. Training will occur during the first two weeks of December for a start in January 2020. The position will be located in 350 Hough Hall.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events
- Verify and track BCS CAP Mentor time/payroll
- Communicate with CAP Mentors on their status
- Understand and enforce university regulations regarding student payroll
- Record and accurately maintain BCS Operations & Event expense budget
- Communicates budget to appropriate staff members
- Help identify future budget needs
- Aid staff in set up for major BCS events, including week leading up to the event and day of responsibilities
- Create and maintain WordPress surveys
- Submit Room Reservations
- Run errands such as picking up packages, copy center items, and catered food delivery
- Assist Fiscal Assistant in the following:
- Placing Copy Center orders, FedEx package pick up requests, and room reservations
- General office tasks (filing, scanning, preparing documents)
- Booking accommodations for BCS interview candidates
- Tracking staff receipts & invoices
- Preparing financial forms and processing payments
- Occasionally act as the receptionist for walk-in student traffic and corporate partners
- Maintain office organization and inventory
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Developed customer service skills in person and on the phone
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Undergraduate 1st or 2nd year business students are preferred
Application: Interested candidates should complete the Careers at UF Job application- http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/512531/student-assistant
Posted in Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job, Leadership, Networking, Real Estate
Tagged Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job, Leadership, Networking
About the Internship Program
Take the opportunity to start your career early in the commercial real estate field! Spend time learning what it’s like to work in the fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment at HFF, now part of JLL.
Interns are an important part of what makes this a great place to work. Within our program, interns are an integral part of our team working alongside real estate analysts, transaction professionals and other associates. You will gain valuable insight into the commercial real estate industry while being exposed to multiple lines of business over the course of your internship.
- Assisting with rent rolls, demographics, tenant profiles, etc.
- Preparing and writing market research.
- Obtaining and analyzing market information and statistics.
- Researching demographics and traffic counts.
- Assist in the due diligence process.
- Value listings and proposed listings in Argus and Excel.
- Review and summarize leases (lease abstracting).
- Assist in the design and preparation of teasers and books.
- Create appropriate charts and other graphic materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Real Estate majors preferred.
Read more details about this program: https://bit.ly/35ApNpq
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Information Session, Internship, Involvement, Leadership, Networking, Scholarship
Tagged Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Leadership, Networking
Management Leadership for Tomorrow will be hosting an information session and Drop in Office hours next week on Thursday Oct 17th. MLT equips and emboldens high-achieving women and men from underrepresented communities – African American, Latino/a and Native American – to realize their full potential, to make a mark and make a difference. Be sure to stop by, and discover the opportunities that MLT can offer you.
Drop in office hours: October 17th: 12:00pm – 1:15pm in Heavener 120
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at email@example.com and Allison Gatsche at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Finance, Information, International, Leadership, Press, Publishing, Scholarship
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career, Information, Leadership, Press, Publishing
The University of Florida provides a free academic access pass to the New York Times. You can create an account using your @ufl email at NYTimes.com/UF. The access allows you to search the New York Times historical archive dating back to 1851. The ability to search thousands of current events in topics such as Sports, Travel, Science, and much more! The student access pass allows you to even listen to podcasts, use of the New York Times Cooking App, and games such as the New York Times Crossword.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged Announcement, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Opportunities, Volunteer
SCORE, a nationwide non-profit whose mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education, needs your help. We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help with marketing, media relations, fundraising, technology, and workshop execution. If you’ve got a few extra hours per month to help your local community, we need you. Volunteering for SCORE looks great on your resume, and we can even help you launch your own business ideas!
For more information, check out https://www.score.org/volunteer, or email email@example.com
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career, Florida Leadership Academy, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Are you a rising sophomore in the business school? If so, are you looking to grow personally and professionally?
Business Gators, come on out to our upcoming recruitment event: The FLA Fall Meet and Greet on Tuesday, September 17th in Heavener 160 from 6:00 to 8:00pm!
The Florida Leadership Academy develops future leaders and polished professionals by providing opportunities for personal growth and networking. The FLA Fall Meet and Greet is a great opportunity to meet current FLA members and learn more about the program!
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Job, Leadership
Tagged Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Job, Leadership
The Stephen C. O’Connell Center is a multi-purpose arena and student activity center whose mission is to serve as an academic, athletic, recreation and entertainment facility. In addition, we strive to provide superior service to guests and clients, and training for future leaders. In support of its mission, the O’Connell Center hosts five interns each semester, each with a different focus. We will be accepting applications for our SPRING 2020 position until September 23rd at 11:59pm. Please visit our website for more details: https://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/internships/