Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Scholarship, Writing
Tagged Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Scholarship
Every year, Florida Supervisors of Elections award three $1,200 scholarships to students studying political science, business administration, public administration or journalism/mass communications. Eligible students must have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credits for enrollment as a junior). Applicants must be enrolled or accepted as full-time students in a college or university in Florida. No post-graduate or second-degree students.
Applications for the scholarship are due Feb. 28, 2020. Applications must be received by the Supervisor of Elections of the county in which you are registered.
For more information, please contact the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office at 352-374-5252 or Director of Communications and Outreach TJ Pyche at email@example.com.
Posted in Announcement, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Involvement, Leadership Development, Opportunities
Applications are now open to lead Assembly for Action as the 2020 Executive Director. Assembly for Action is an annual community service conference that educates students on Gainesville’s key development needs and enables them to make a difference through nonprofit collaboration and grant awards. The Executive Director leads a team of about two dozen staff and serves as liaison with conference sponsors, including various community partners, colleges, and top UF administrators. The ideal Executive Director would be an undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Florida who has demonstrated leadership ability and prior experience in nonprofit development and/or event management. All majors and grade levels are encouraged to apply. Applications are due to assemblyforaction.org/exec-app by January 5, 2020, at 11:59 am.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Gainesville, Involvement, Job, Leadership Development, Opportunities
Seeking a transfer student who has a passion for mentoring incoming transfer students. This position is open to all current Heavener School of Business transfer students for this coming Spring 2020 semester that will help with the facilitation of class activities, securing student panel guests in addition to other responsibilities.
• A transfer student who successfully completed the GEB4930 – Transfer Success Seminar course
• Has been a business student at least two full semesters
• 2.75 UF GPA or higher
• Has either completed the internship requirement (GEB4941 or Retail), has prior internship/work experience, or has completed a study abroad or exchange.
• Comfortable communicating with students and giving presentations in front of a class
• Lead class icebreaker activity
• Monitor attendance in class each week
• Attend every class as well as facilitate discussions
• Respond to students emails
• Write weekly recap email to students
• Meet with the instructor for approx. 1 hour once a week to go over class material/concerns
• Hold office hours in order to assist students individually
TA position is a paid stipend role.
SPRING 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE: Mondays from 11:45am-1:40pm.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Information, Networking
Tagged Announcement, Career, Information, Involvement, Opportunities
October is Disability Advocacy Month!
There are numerous programs going on this month but in particular on Oct. 14th where there will be a fantastic company panel, comprised of P&G, Ernst & Young, Citi, and Accenture. They will be discussing corporate inclusivity and diversity practices with an emphasis on disability. You can find more information on the website below. All students are invited to come and learn more about this topic which will help prepare you for entering the workplace.
Learn more here: https://disability.ufl.edu/disability-advocacy-month/
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at email@example.com and Allison Gatsche at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged Announcement, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Opportunities, Volunteer
SCORE, a nationwide non-profit whose mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education, needs your help. We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help with marketing, media relations, fundraising, technology, and workshop execution. If you’ve got a few extra hours per month to help your local community, we need you. Volunteering for SCORE looks great on your resume, and we can even help you launch your own business ideas!
For more information, check out https://www.score.org/volunteer, or email email@example.com
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career, Florida Leadership Academy, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Are you a rising sophomore in the business school? If so, are you looking to grow personally and professionally?
Business Gators, come on out to our upcoming recruitment event: The FLA Fall Meet and Greet on Tuesday, September 17th in Heavener 160 from 6:00 to 8:00pm!
The Florida Leadership Academy develops future leaders and polished professionals by providing opportunities for personal growth and networking. The FLA Fall Meet and Greet is a great opportunity to meet current FLA members and learn more about the program!
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Involvement, Job, Networking, Opportunities
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lily Huddleston at email@example.com by Monday, October 07th at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in Announcement, Gainesville, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Involvement, Leadership, Leadership Development, Opportunities
Student Government’s Gators Going Green Agency! The Agency has a mission of implementing policies and programming events regarding the promotion of sustainability on campus, especially with student organizations! We strive to serve as a sort of liaison between Student Government, the Student Body, and the Office of Sustainability. The Agency deals with real world experience of promoting sustainability, which is a rapidly expanding industry in business fields.