Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, International, Involvement, Job, Leader, Marketing, Networking
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, BCS, business majors, Employment, Finance, Gainesville, Job, Marketing, Opportunities, Summer Opportunity
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
Position is a 10-20 hour per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lily Huddleston at email@example.com by Sunday, March 8th at 11:59pm EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in Career, Finance, Information Session, Information Systems (ISOM), Workshop
Tagged Career skills, Coding, Data science institute, Finance, ISOM, Workshop
UF Data Science Institute (DSI)
The Data Science and Informatics Student Organization host technical workshops, speaker sessions, discussion groups and other activities focused on data science.
We would like to invite you to our upcoming programming workshops and meetings.
- Monday, 1/27: Python 0
- Wednesday, 1/29: Data Science Day
- Wednesday, 2/05: Python 2
- Wednesday, 2/12: Data Science Day
The tools of Data Science increase versatility in the workplace, and will help you gain practical experience necessary to understand and apply these techniques to your field of interest.
Come on out and see what Data Science is all about!
Check out our website: http://www.dsiufl.org/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DataSciUF/
Posted in Business Career Services, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Information Session, Internship, Job, Networking
Tagged Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Career, Employment, Finance, Information Session, Internship, Job, Networking, Opportunities
Honeywell is hosting an information session/intern Q&A panel on Thursday, January 16th at 6:15pm. They are looking for finance and accounting students.
Please use this link and go into HIREWarrington to sign up and learn more before all the seats are gone: warrington-ufl.12twenty.com/events/30006101052577 .
They are recruiting for both intern and full-time roles and they will be conducting on campus interviews next week (all are posted on HIREWarrington).
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at firstname.lastname@example.org and Allison Gatsche at email@example.com by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.