Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Career, Finance, Gator Ready, Information, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, International Study, Internship, Real Estate, Scholarship, Study Abroad
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Involvement, Opportunities
Fall 2020 scholarship applications are due soon! Awards range from $500 – $2,000 !
The Heavener School of Business in the Warrington College of Business offers two types of undergraduate scholarships:
- General academic scholarships for all undergraduate business majors (includes UF online program)
- Study abroad scholarships for those participating in our study abroad programs (all majors including accounting students are eligible)
We strongly encourage students to apply. The application deadline is May 1st.
For additional eligibility information and application instructions please visit: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
Contact the scholarship coordinator at email@example.com with questions.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Gainesville, Gator Ready, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Real Estate, Workshop
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Career skills, Gainesville, Involvement, Opportunities
As UF has moved to online classes for the remainder of Spring and Summer A/C, we want Heavener undergraduate students to know that Gator Ready continues to provide students with new competency development opportunities online.
Students can complete tasks in Gator Ready through the Suitable app such as:
- Create your Professional 30 Second Pitch
- Internship/Career Research (reflect on possible internship or job positions)
- Activating and updating their HireWarrington account
Students can self-report experiences and positions such as:
- Reflecting on being a student tutor or teaching assistant
- Uploading proof of achievement, such as a certification in software
- Reporting that they have held/currently hold an E-Board position
Read and discover more about these tasks in the Suitable app or online at: https://www.suitable.co/. You already have an account! Just log in with your Gatorlink user name and password. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Gator Ready team we are still working hard to ensure you have access to the competency development opportunities you need!
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, Involvement, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Real Estate
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Career skills, Leadership, Opportunities, Publishing
Are you interested in research at UF?
Conducting research as a business student gives you an opportunity for more in-depth study of a particular business topic and is a unique achievement supplementing your undergraduate experience. If you need help getting started or would like to find out more, the Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students (CURBS) offers Peer Advising for anyone who would like get started in undergraduate research.
To schedule an online session, follow this link: https://calendly.com/ufcurbsadvising/.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information Systems (ISOM), Internship, Involvement, Job, Leader, Marketing, Networking, Real Estate
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Gainesville, Job, Networking, Opportunities, Summer Opportunity
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
Position is a 10-20 hour per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lily Huddleston at email@example.com by Sunday, March 8th at 11:59pm EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job, Leadership, Networking, Real Estate
Tagged Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job, Leadership, Networking
About the Internship Program
Take the opportunity to start your career early in the commercial real estate field! Spend time learning what it’s like to work in the fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment at HFF, now part of JLL.
Interns are an important part of what makes this a great place to work. Within our program, interns are an integral part of our team working alongside real estate analysts, transaction professionals and other associates. You will gain valuable insight into the commercial real estate industry while being exposed to multiple lines of business over the course of your internship.
- Assisting with rent rolls, demographics, tenant profiles, etc.
- Preparing and writing market research.
- Obtaining and analyzing market information and statistics.
- Researching demographics and traffic counts.
- Assist in the due diligence process.
- Value listings and proposed listings in Argus and Excel.
- Review and summarize leases (lease abstracting).
- Assist in the design and preparation of teasers and books.
- Create appropriate charts and other graphic materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Real Estate majors preferred.
Read more details about this program: https://bit.ly/35ApNpq