Category Archives: Job
Apply to be apart of Gator Baseball’s Usher Staff! For information about the job and details visit the link below.
Honeywell is hosting an information session/intern Q&A panel on Thursday, January 16th at 6:15pm. They are looking for finance and accounting students.
Please use this link and go into HIREWarrington to sign up and learn more before all the seats are gone: warrington-ufl.12twenty.com/events/30006101052577 .
MARKETING INTERN POST
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance agency that concentrates on life and health insurance, focusing on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking undergraduate marketing majors to work with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe, and have excellent communication skills. We are looking primarily for someone with a fun personality who enjoys answering people’s questions, sharing useful information over various media, and be able to work independently with meeting deadlines. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Promoting the Hartfield Insurance Group’s business through community outreach, social media, and newsletters
- Educating the public by posting relevant articles about news in the insurance industry
- Helping to plan educational seminars and events
- Promoting and coordinating a martial arts-based fundraiser that benefits a local charity – Stop Children’s Cancer
- Researching, developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to an active office setting, lets you stay in Gainesville, introduce you to insurance and financial products, and allows you to exercise marketing campaigns and ideas. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Hartfield Insurance Group, Inc. is an independent insurance agency that concentrates on life and health insurance, focusing on client risk awareness and management. We are seeking hardworking individuals to assist and work with the owner of the company, Larry Hartfield. Applicants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, be detailed oriented, and have excellent communication skills. These individuals should like to produce new creative solutions and take pride in a job well done by maintaining accurate client records. Responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Maintaining client relationships by sending out letters/notices
- Analyzing alternative options available to clients
- Auditing client files, maintaining and updating database information
- Creating Excel spreadsheets to summarize client data
- Updating client information and making sure information systems are efficiently linked
- Answering phones, sending client correspondence, contacting insurance providers, making copies, sending faxes, etc.
General interns may also gain some legal and financial planning experience assisting lawyer Howard M. Rosenblatt, with estate/financial planning.
The internship will consist of two to three 4-hour shifts per week (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:00pm-5pm). This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to an active office setting, and introduce you to insurance and financial products. Candidates should send résumés and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Seeking a transfer student who has a passion for mentoring incoming transfer students. This position is open to all current Heavener School of Business transfer students for this coming Spring 2020 semester that will help with the facilitation of class activities, securing student panel guests in addition to other responsibilities.
• A transfer student who successfully completed the GEB4930 – Transfer Success Seminar course
• Has been a business student at least two full semesters
• 2.75 UF GPA or higher
• Has either completed the internship requirement (GEB4941 or Retail), has prior internship/work experience, or has completed a study abroad or exchange.
• Comfortable communicating with students and giving presentations in front of a class
• Lead class icebreaker activity
• Monitor attendance in class each week
• Attend every class as well as facilitate discussions
• Respond to students emails
• Write weekly recap email to students
• Meet with the instructor for approx. 1 hour once a week to go over class material/concerns
• Hold office hours in order to assist students individually
TA position is a paid stipend role.
SPRING 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE: Mondays from 11:45am-1:40pm.
If interested, please email email@example.com along with a copy of your resume.
Business Career Services is looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual who demonstrates initiative and the ability to work and communicate well with others. The student assistant will work alongside the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events and support the BCS team in delivering recruiting experiences for employers and students within the Warrington College of Business. This position will comprise of daily tasks and special projects which require organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
This position is a commitment of 10-15 hours a week. Training will occur during the first two weeks of December for a start in January 2020. The position will be located in 350 Hough Hall.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events
- Verify and track BCS CAP Mentor time/payroll
- Communicate with CAP Mentors on their status
- Understand and enforce university regulations regarding student payroll
- Record and accurately maintain BCS Operations & Event expense budget
- Communicates budget to appropriate staff members
- Help identify future budget needs
- Aid staff in set up for major BCS events, including week leading up to the event and day of responsibilities
- Create and maintain WordPress surveys
- Submit Room Reservations
- Run errands such as picking up packages, copy center items, and catered food delivery
- Assist Fiscal Assistant in the following:
- Placing Copy Center orders, FedEx package pick up requests, and room reservations
- General office tasks (filing, scanning, preparing documents)
- Booking accommodations for BCS interview candidates
- Tracking staff receipts & invoices
- Preparing financial forms and processing payments
- Occasionally act as the receptionist for walk-in student traffic and corporate partners
- Maintain office organization and inventory
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Developed customer service skills in person and on the phone
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Undergraduate 1st or 2nd year business students are preferred
Application: Interested candidates should complete the Careers at UF Job application- http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/512531/student-assistant
About the Internship Program
Take the opportunity to start your career early in the commercial real estate field! Spend time learning what it’s like to work in the fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment at HFF, now part of JLL.
Interns are an important part of what makes this a great place to work. Within our program, interns are an integral part of our team working alongside real estate analysts, transaction professionals and other associates. You will gain valuable insight into the commercial real estate industry while being exposed to multiple lines of business over the course of your internship.
- Assisting with rent rolls, demographics, tenant profiles, etc.
- Preparing and writing market research.
- Obtaining and analyzing market information and statistics.
- Researching demographics and traffic counts.
- Assist in the due diligence process.
- Value listings and proposed listings in Argus and Excel.
- Review and summarize leases (lease abstracting).
- Assist in the design and preparation of teasers and books.
- Create appropriate charts and other graphic materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Real Estate majors preferred.
Read more details about this program: https://bit.ly/35ApNpq
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at firstname.lastname@example.org and Allison Gatsche at email@example.com by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.