Apply to be apart of Gator Baseball’s Usher Staff! For information about the job and details visit the link below.
Category Archives: Information
Honeywell is hosting an information session/intern Q&A panel on Thursday, January 16th at 6:15pm. They are looking for finance and accounting students.
Please use this link and go into HIREWarrington to sign up and learn more before all the seats are gone: warrington-ufl.12twenty.com/events/30006101052577 .
Register for LeadUF Today!
LeadUF, hosted by the David & Wanda Brown Center for Leadership & Service, is a foundational leadership development experience that includes an overnight retreat and several meetings. LeadUF allows you to build personal skills and understanding, become a leader on campus, and connect with other students. This unique, limited access experience is ideal for 1st and 2nd year students. Start the new year off by making 2020 about investing in your leadership development! Applications are OPEN and are due January 17th. For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/LeadUFregistration
October is Disability Advocacy Month!
There are numerous programs going on this month but in particular on Oct. 14th where there will be a fantastic company panel, comprised of P&G, Ernst & Young, Citi, and Accenture. They will be discussing corporate inclusivity and diversity practices with an emphasis on disability. You can find more information on the website below. All students are invited to come and learn more about this topic which will help prepare you for entering the workplace.
Learn more here: https://disability.ufl.edu/disability-advocacy-month/
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at firstname.lastname@example.org and Allison Gatsche at email@example.com by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.
The University of Florida provides a free academic access pass to the New York Times. You can create an account using your @ufl email at NYTimes.com/UF. The access allows you to search the New York Times historical archive dating back to 1851. The ability to search thousands of current events in topics such as Sports, Travel, Science, and much more! The student access pass allows you to even listen to podcasts, use of the New York Times Cooking App, and games such as the New York Times Crossword.