Please visit union.ufl.edu/jobs to apply!
Category Archives: Gainesville
The Loss Prevention Research Council, a research lab located near UF’s Innovation Hub has a strong partnership with the University of Florida, collaborating with faculty in Criminology, Marketing, Political Science, Engineering, and Retailing alike.
Our organization works directly with the top Loss Prevention executives at over 70 of the largest retail companies in the world. We provide research guidance, as well as a forum for open discussion and collaboration in a setting that promotes a high standard of evidence and scientific rigor in the business decision process. Please visit: www.lpresearch.org
Information About the Program
- One intern will be selected for Summer of 2019.
- Summer start date will be Monday July 8 and end Friday August 9.
- Strong candidates may be offered a permanent paid position.
- Interns will work alongside Sr. Operations Manager at the LPRC ISL (Ideation and Simulation Lab), located in the UF Innovate The Hub at 747 SW 2nd Ave.
- Interns will be responsible for 10-15 hours of on-site commitment per week spread over 2 – 3 days. The internship will total 80-100 hours. Could be more to obtain credit hours or for full time internship. Contact us!
- Intern will assist Sr. Operations Manager with project management, event planning and marketing coordination. Administration and strong design/computer skills are required and will be strengthened throughout the program.
Who We’re Looking For
- Motivated candidate pursuing administration/marketing and design, looking to gain insight and experience in the business world.
- Accounting/Quickbooks experience a plus!
- Previous experience with website design a plus!
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours before program begins
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Basic understanding of CRMs and administration also a plus!
Please contact Jessi Dudley with your resume to apply: email@example.com
University Press of Florida is seeking interns in the following areas:
- Editorial, Design, and Production
The internship program offers students of all majors the opportunity to gain employment experience in the business of book publishing.
Apply here: https://upf.com/internships.asp
The application deadline is Friday, April 12.
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Briana Klein at email@example.com by Friday, February 22nd at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019
Howard M. Rosenblatt, P.A.
Howard M. Rosenblatt is an attorney who specializes in Elder Law and Estate Planning. His practice has been ongoing for over 30 years before becoming of counsel to Bogin, Munns and Munns, P.A. He is an alumnus of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International and the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law.
We are seeking both undergraduate applicants as well as any law school applicants to assist and work one-on-one with Howard and his legal assistant, Shirley Rose. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and be adept at multi-tasking. It would also be preferable if the applicant had a flexible schedule. Responsibilities and duties for this job include:
- Researching case law and statutes
- Communicating with clients through phone calls
- Creating and maintaining client files
- Serving as a witness when documents (such as Wills, Deeds, Trusts, etc.) to be executed require witnesses.
This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to a relaxed office setting that lets you stay in Gainesville, and introduce you to elder and estate planning law. Candidates should send resumes and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
As we make our way to or back to school, think about exploring:
- Physical Exercise
- Something as simple as taking a daily walk around campus could help you get back into the swing of things much quicker
- Regular Sleep Schedule
- The sooner you begin going to bed at a reasonable time and getting up earlier, the sooner you’ll stop singing the post-summer blues and be ready for your studies.
- Healthy Eating
- By making an effort to start eating healthier foods once you arrive/return, you’ll gradually find yourself feeling more alert and invested in your education.
- By diving head first back into your old or new routine of attending classes and fulfilling those academic responsibilities on a regular basis, you can steadily gain all the motivation you might have lost over the summer.
- Sense of Responsibility
- Learning how to rely on yourself again can definitely help in reigniting your passion for living and learning.
- Sense of Self-Gratitude
- While getting a college education is immeasurable, there are points during the journey when you may feel overwhelmed by this path. Remember to take a moment to realize how much you truly have to be grateful for.
- At the top of your list should be the fact you’re a college student who has the opportunity to follow your passion and pursue your dream career.
UF Health Communications is interested in business students for paid marketing internships.
- Writing and editing content for internal/external audiences.
- Assists marketing coordinators with development and implementation of social media plans, blog writing and website content
- Assists marketing coordinators in writing/editing patient education materials
- Assists marketing coordinators in collecting patient stories, repurposing existing content for internal and external communications channels
- Assists marketing coordinators in writing and creating physician bios.
- Shadow or help with media assists, client meetings, photo/video shoots, special events, project management and budgeting.
- Helps inform and engage diverse audiences by telling compelling stories that illustrate UF Health’s commitment to quality patient care, innovative research and health education to improve quality of life.
- 15-20 hrs./week
- Candidates must be enrolled as a university junior, senior or graduate student in a marketing, advertising or communications program
- Experience writing for multimedia communications tools using Associated Press style
- Ideal candidates will have already successfully completed a marketing internship
To apply and/or for more information, contact Alisha Katz @ firstname.lastname@example.org