Category Archives: Gainesville
Gainesville Construction & Design Firm Seeks Part Time Office Assistant
-UF Alumni owned business
-Seeking 10-20 hours per week, part in person, part virtual
-Schedule can be somewhat flexible
-Basic office experience needed
-Understanding of Quickbooks and basic accounting needed
-Social media and blog postings
-Sourcing and ordering for design projects
-Positive, pleasant attitude
-Small company, will work directly with owners
Send resume to Lori@TheEvansEdit.com
Student Activities & Involvement and the David & Wanda Brown Center for Leadership & Service would like to invite you and your members to attend the Student Activities & Involvement Leadership Experience (SAILE). SAILE is a 5 week online leadership series designed for current student leaders at the University of Florida. Each session will challenge participants to lead in any circumstance, increase organizational effectiveness, and develop others. Don’t miss the opportunity to expand your leadership capacity!
Participants in SAILE will:
- Maximize their current leadership style
- Gain strategies for effective delegation
- Examine the dynamic between leader and follower
- Increase facilitation of group dynamics
- Aid in organizational sustainability
- Help organizations solve complex challenges
Sessions are led by faculty, staff, and community facilitators with a strong emphasis on dialogue, interaction between participants, activities, and reflection.
Visit https://leadershipandservice.ufl.edu/saile/ for more information.
To whom it may concern,
Are you able to forward the following message to the Business Undergraduate School?
S.I.F.T(Strategize, Innovation, Flexibility, Technology) recruitment is now open! As a new organization, applicants should be driven and committed to the organization. We are looking for motivated students from all backgrounds to join our organization as Project Managers and Analysts. We are seeking student leaders who are interested in gaining consulting experience and networking with students and clients.
Interested? Click here
If you have any questions, please reach out to any of the following contacts below:
Presient: Dulce Ferraz, email@example.com
Senior Project Manager: Daniel Rudich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Committee Leader: Edunn Dalal, email@example.com
Technology Committee Leader: Caitlin Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to receive hands-on experience on core business functions within the technology industry? Joining Gator Electric Racing, a student-run engineering organization that is developing a formula-style electric race car to compete in the annual and international FSAE electric competition. Students of all majors and years are encouraged to join our business team by filling out our onboarding form: https://forms.gle/8pv39igvfG4Wa9mD7
Come join the UF MHA alumni, students and faculty on November 12th from 1-4 PM to see where a master of health administration can take you! Click Here to Register!
Please visit our website for more information on eligibility requirements and how to apply!
The 2020 Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit, presented by the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center at the UF Warrington College of Business and the UF Collaboratory for Women Innovators at UF Innovate, offers inspirational stories and lessons learned from successful women entrepreneurs. The event provides opportunities for UF women to connect with peers and other successful business leaders to foster shared learning and community-building, as well as networking, mentoring, start-up and career advice, and career connections. This year’s [virtual] Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit will be on November 6th from 10:00-11:45 AM. You can register for the free event here.
The 2020 virtual event is free for all UF students, faculty, staff and members of the local community and will feature:
- Taylor Williams (keynote), Creative Director of Guts & Glory GNV, a storytelling venture focusing on using improv and communications training to help teams and companies build positive culture, and Lead Facilitator of Guts & Glory Creative Consulting
- Seyi Falade, Vice President of Cornerstone Barricades, a Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) service provider specializing in road construction and safety
- Sara Schley, President of Seed Systems consulting, and WeTheChange, a non-profit for women CEOs of Certified B Corporations and other purpose driven organizations who share a belief in the power of business as a force for good
- Dr. Bertrhude Albert, CEO and co-founder of P4H Global, a non-profit working to redefine aid by partnering with Haitian educators to provide quality teacher training
- Robyn Crawford, Founder of Eden Books, an online publisher and bookstore of romance novels focused on elevating the voices of women authors
- Victoria Wylde, CEO and Founder of Alterra Hemp, a hemp genetics lab & seed plant farm providing genetically-superior plants to farmers from coast to coast
For more information about the Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit, visit the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center page.
We are seeking dynamic, Business upperclassmen to support the success of first-year students in the Heavener School of Business. HPAs are a vital part of the Academic & Career Advising (ACA) team and primarily assist first-year students in the creation of semester and academic plans Complete the following application to express your interest in joining our team of Heavener Peer Advisors (HPAs) for the next academic year: https://forms.gle/WBHnVqaf3zsw33Cz7
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE OCTOBER 26th AT 11:59PM.
If selected for an interview, you will be notified by the afternoon of October 30th. Interviews will take place the week of November 2nd.
-Would you like to learn how to innovatively & sustainably solve social, environmental, and economic problems?
-Are you interested in leveraging the power of business as a force for good?
-Would you like to help build an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economic system for people & the planet?
-Do you want to be a changemaker?
Yes? Great! Join us this Fall!
Fall 2020 – Mod 2 – Intro to Social Entrepreneurship for undergrads – ENT3503, section 20896
Fall 2020 – full semester – Dilemmas & Debates in Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Changemakers – ENT6930, section 13136 AND ENT4934, section 21504 (sections for each grads & undergrads)
We’d also love for interested students to apply to become SIS Impact Scholars:
More information about how to be a changemaker at UF is here: https://site.warrington.ufl.edu/kristin-joys/uf-sis-flyer/