Category Archives: BCS
Campus Movie Fest Helps University of Florida Students Make a Movie in a Week!
ATLANTA (Aug. 2019) – Campus Movie Fest (CMF) is heading back to the University of Florida! The
2019-2020 CMF tour is headed to over 50 colleges and universities around the U.S., giving students
everywhere the equipment, training, and opportunity to share their stories on film.
CMF at UF launches on January 29th. Students have one week, until February 4th, to make their
best possible five-minute film. The CMF Tour staff provides training, support, and of course, amazing
equipment, including a laptop loaded with creative software, a Panasonic HD camera, and sound
What’s the catch? There isn’t one! Thanks to CMF’s partners, participation is completely free for
students. More than one million students have participated in CMF since it began in 2001. Students
can sign up for free at CampusMovieFest.com/UF.
Prizes, Prizes, and More Prizes
At the end of the week, judges rate the submissions, and the top 16 movies from UF will screen at a
red carpet premiere on February 7th. Friends, family, and fans are all invited to join the student
filmmakers in celebrating a week of incredible accomplishments. The top four films from UF win the
coveted Jury Award, and will move on to compete on the national level in June at CMF Terminus:
Conference + Film Festival. CMF Jury Award winners will also have the chance to apply for the CMF
Cannes Program. To celebrate the achievements of UF’s most outstanding filmmakers, Silver Tripod
Awards will be given in specific categories, including directing, editing, performance, and more!
Students can also compete in the Elfenworks Hope in Social Justice category, which highlights
injustice and inspires change, with the national winner taking home $10,000!
CMF Terminus: Conference + Film Festival
All Campus Movie Fest participants are invited to celebrate a year of incredible student films at CMF
Terminus Conference + Film Festival in June 2020 in Hollywood, California. They’ll participate in
hands-on workshops, watch the best CMF films, and have opportunities to network with industry
leaders and celebrities.
About Campus Movie Fest
Campus Movie Fest, the world’s largest student film festival, is the premier platform for the next
generation of filmmakers. Founded in 2001, CMF began when four students at Emory University
decided to give their friends and classmates all the equipment they needed to make a short film in a
week. Today, more than one million students at colleges and universities worldwide have received all
the necessary technology and training to tell their stories for free, thanks to corporate partners and
schools. Campus winners move on to compete at CMF Terminus, a four-day film conference and
awards ceremony, earn professional and educational opportunities, see their work at the Cannes
Film Festival, and much more. Find out more at CampusMovieFest.com.
The SEO Career Team is looking for talented juniors for positions with IBM FINANCE – Summer Internship (3 months) and Co-op (6 months). Please see steps to apply and a brief description below:
Here’s how to apply to the IBM positions:
- APPLY – https://career.seo-usa.org/program/how-to-apply/
- VERIFY YOUR EMAIL
- EMAIL YOUR RESUME – email@example.com
- SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
IBM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also a major research organization, holding the record for most U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2019) for 26 consecutive years. Inventions by IBM include the automated teller machine (ATM), the floppy disk, the hard disk drive, the magnetic stripe card, the relational database, the SQL programming language, the UPC barcode, and dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). IBM Finance operates as a values-driven team and trusted business advisor to business operations. IBM Finance plays an integral role in driving key business decisions, supporting operations, and influencing business results.
- Be proficient with analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data, spot trends, and generate meaningful insights
- Ability to build relationships, make decisions quickly & influence change
- Ability to synthesize data into an easy to understand story & articulate key messages across multiple audiences
- Location – Westchester County, NY
We are still seeking talented freshmen, sophomores and juniors for other exciting internships. You must apply to SEO Career in order to be considered for those opportunities – https://career.seo-usa.org/program/how-to-apply/
SEO Career partners with more than 80 leading companies across the country to help talented students like you land coveted internships! By joining SEO Career, you’ll get free access to top job opportunities, free online training, and interview prep.
Business Career Services is looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual who demonstrates initiative and the ability to work and communicate well with others. The student assistant will work alongside the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events and support the BCS team in delivering recruiting experiences for employers and students within the Warrington College of Business. This position will comprise of daily tasks and special projects which require organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
This position is a commitment of 10-15 hours a week. Training will occur during the first two weeks of December for a start in January 2020. The position will be located in 350 Hough Hall.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Associate Director of BCS Operations & Events
- Verify and track BCS CAP Mentor time/payroll
- Communicate with CAP Mentors on their status
- Understand and enforce university regulations regarding student payroll
- Record and accurately maintain BCS Operations & Event expense budget
- Communicates budget to appropriate staff members
- Help identify future budget needs
- Aid staff in set up for major BCS events, including week leading up to the event and day of responsibilities
- Create and maintain WordPress surveys
- Submit Room Reservations
- Run errands such as picking up packages, copy center items, and catered food delivery
- Assist Fiscal Assistant in the following:
- Placing Copy Center orders, FedEx package pick up requests, and room reservations
- General office tasks (filing, scanning, preparing documents)
- Booking accommodations for BCS interview candidates
- Tracking staff receipts & invoices
- Preparing financial forms and processing payments
- Occasionally act as the receptionist for walk-in student traffic and corporate partners
- Maintain office organization and inventory
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Developed customer service skills in person and on the phone
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Undergraduate 1st or 2nd year business students are preferred
Application: Interested candidates should complete the Careers at UF Job application- http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/512531/student-assistant
About the Internship Program
Take the opportunity to start your career early in the commercial real estate field! Spend time learning what it’s like to work in the fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment at HFF, now part of JLL.
Interns are an important part of what makes this a great place to work. Within our program, interns are an integral part of our team working alongside real estate analysts, transaction professionals and other associates. You will gain valuable insight into the commercial real estate industry while being exposed to multiple lines of business over the course of your internship.
- Assisting with rent rolls, demographics, tenant profiles, etc.
- Preparing and writing market research.
- Obtaining and analyzing market information and statistics.
- Researching demographics and traffic counts.
- Assist in the due diligence process.
- Value listings and proposed listings in Argus and Excel.
- Review and summarize leases (lease abstracting).
- Assist in the design and preparation of teasers and books.
- Create appropriate charts and other graphic materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Real Estate majors preferred.
Read more details about this program: https://bit.ly/35ApNpq
Management Leadership for Tomorrow will be hosting an information session and Drop in Office hours next week on Thursday Oct 17th. MLT equips and emboldens high-achieving women and men from underrepresented communities – African American, Latino/a and Native American – to realize their full potential, to make a mark and make a difference. Be sure to stop by, and discover the opportunities that MLT can offer you.
Drop in office hours: October 17th: 12:00pm – 1:15pm in Heavener 120
About aha Pure Foods:
When doctors diagnosed our founder, Wayne Garland, with a terminal cancer diagnosis, he traveled to Asia with the hopes of healing himself naturally. After conducting nearly thirty years of naturopathic research, Wayne teamed up with American chef Alfie Crescentini to integrate the world’s most powerful medicinal herbs, spices and vegetables into the Standard American Diet. This was accomplished through natural and delicious soup blends packed with vital nutrients, antioxidants, probiotics, and fiber. Together, they launched aha Pure Foods with the philosophy “food is medicine”.
- Prepare creative content through the use of photography, videography, writing, and editing
- Collaborate with team members on weekly projects
- Perform research on competition and analyze trends
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas
- Monitor social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Manage social media channels
- Assist in weekly samplings at Lucky’s Market and other community events
- Help prepare and package soups at our kitchen
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for growth, experience, and course credit. The time commitment is 10-15 hours per week.
To apply, please fill out the form below…
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via email will not be accepted.
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at email@example.com and Lily Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 07th at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced