Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Involvement, Job
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Internship
To whom it may concern,
Are you able to forward the following message to the Business Undergraduate School?
S.I.F.T(Strategize, Innovation, Flexibility, Technology) recruitment is now open! As a new organization, applicants should be driven and committed to the organization. We are looking for motivated students from all backgrounds to join our organization as Project Managers and Analysts. We are seeking student leaders who are interested in gaining consulting experience and networking with students and clients.
Interested? Click here
If you have any questions, please reach out to any of the following contacts below:
Presient: Dulce Ferraz, email@example.com
Senior Project Manager: Daniel Rudich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Committee Leader: Edunn Dalal, email@example.com
Technology Committee Leader: Caitlin Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Information, Job
The Gator Baseball Ushers are hiring now for the upcoming baseball season. Serve as a guest service representative and ambassador for the UAA on average up to 23 home baseball games. You’ll have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working in collegiate athletics and have the chance to build a professional network.
To apply, scan the QR code below or click the link at the bottom of the infographic.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Career, Gainesville, Gator Ready, Involvement, Networking, Press
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Comedian, Funny, Gainesville, John Mulaney, Networking
Our first show of Summer A will be taking place on Thursday, May 28th at 6:30pm. ACCENT will be bringing on an esteemed comedian, John Mulaney, for a virtual show which will take place on Microsoft Teams. Given the present state of things, it would be a good opportunity for students and faculty alike to take a break from daily stresses and laugh a bit!
Registration is at bit.ly/ufmulaney or through scanning the QR code below.
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Career, Finance, Gator Ready, Information, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, International Study, Internship, Real Estate, Scholarship, Study Abroad
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career Development, Employment, Internship, Involvement, Opportunities
Fall 2020 scholarship applications are due soon! Awards range from $500 – $2,000 !
The Heavener School of Business in the Warrington College of Business offers two types of undergraduate scholarships:
- General academic scholarships for all undergraduate business majors (includes UF online program)
- Study abroad scholarships for those participating in our study abroad programs (all majors including accounting students are eligible)
We strongly encourage students to apply. The application deadline is May 1st.
For additional eligibility information and application instructions please visit: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
Contact the scholarship coordinator at email@example.com with questions.
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Information Systems (ISOM), International Business, Involvement, Marketing, Networking, Presenting, Real Estate
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Career Development, Career skills, Leadership, Opportunities, Publishing
Are you interested in research at UF?
Conducting research as a business student gives you an opportunity for more in-depth study of a particular business topic and is a unique achievement supplementing your undergraduate experience. If you need help getting started or would like to find out more, the Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students (CURBS) offers Peer Advising for anyone who would like get started in undergraduate research.
To schedule an online session, follow this link: https://calendly.com/ufcurbsadvising/.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Gainesville, Press
Dear Heavener students –
As you are aware, COVID-19 has prompted UF to move all classes online through March 30 (http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/). This message is intended to provide you with specific guidance on the Heavener School’s action plan for all class activity, advising, and student activities here in HSB, effective Monday March 16 through at least March 30.
- Classes: all classes will be delivered online, effective 3/16. For EP courses, you will not have the option of attending the live session. Faculty will teach their course to empty classrooms.
- Advising: all academic, career and study abroad advising appointments will be conducted via Zoom (or similar), phone or email. This includes all advanced registration advising. You will not have the option of coming to visit with a Heavener advisor or team member in person. More details on advanced registration advising will be coming soon in a separate email.
- Student Activities: all CLP, BCS, BCC and student organization activities will be suspended or conducted remotely. No UF associated programs or activities will host in-person activities or meetings during this time. In accordance with UF strategy, student travel for university related activities must be suspended (e.g., student organization professional development trips). We do fully encourage and support zoom meetings.
To support these measures, the 3rd floor of Heavener Hall and all classrooms in Heavener Hall will be closed to students from March 16-30. You will have access to breakout rooms and common gathering space. We highly encourage the recommended 6ft social distancing at all times in all spaces in Heavener (and in all of your daily activities).
This is an unprecedented event, and we will continue to do all we can to deliver a high quality academic experience, while also maximizing your safety and the safety of the UF community. I also want you to know that we will all be 100% available and accessible to you during this time – to answer any questions you may have and to help in any way possible. To that end, we’ve provided a quick referral list (below) for how to contact the Heavener School departments to get a quick response to your questions:
- Academic Advising
- In lieu of walk-in advising, please direct all advising questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send email from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, an advisor will set this up via email.
- International Programs
- Please direct all study abroad advising questions to email@example.com. Messages should be sent from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, and advisor will set this up a meeting via email.
- Students can call International Programs for general questions at: 352.273.0151
- Career and Leadership Programs
- Business Career Services and Career Advising
- All students will receive notification of Virtual Coaching and Services options via Zoom from their assigned Career Coach
- General Questions
Please continue to closely monitor UF messaging for updates http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/. We will continue to provide you with ongoing and regular updates as needed related to the Heavener School, to supplement messaging from UF.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team. Be safe, take care of you and those you care for. We will do the same, including taking care of you, our incredible students! Dr. S
Alex Sevilla, Ed.D.
Associate Dean & Director
Heavener School of Business
WARRINGTON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
Heavener Hall 333
Posted in Academics, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, International, Involvement, Job, Leader, Marketing, Networking
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, BCS, business majors, Employment, Finance, Gainesville, Job, Marketing, Opportunities, Summer Opportunity
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
Position is a 10-20 hour per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lily Huddleston at email@example.com by Sunday, March 8th at 11:59pm EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Involvement, Leadership, Workshop
Tagged All Majors, Business Career Services, Career, Career Development, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking, Opportunities, Workshop
Bank of America has a diversity and inclusion forum opportunity which is posted below. These forums are for ethnically diverse freshman and sophomore students. The link to the application has been posted as a job posting on HIREWarrington. All qualified students are encouraged to apply soon as the forums will take place in March or April (depending on which one you apply to).
|2020 Bank of America Spring Diversity & Inclusion Forums
Whether you are in the early stages of exploring opportunities or you have decided on a potential career path, the Bank of America Spring Diversity & Inclusion Forums provide ethnically diverse freshman and sophomore students with the opportunity to learn about financial services.
Application deadlines vary by program. While student applications are limited to one Spring Diversity & Inclusion Forum, we will consider applicants for all forums based on capacity. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided for students selected to attend.
Explore Wealth & Consumer
Deadline: March 1
The Power to Choose
Deadline: February 23
Deadline: March 1
|Visit here to submit an application: https://tinyurl.com/y9woap9e
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Finance, Internship, Job, Leadership
Tagged BCS, Business Career Services, business majors, Career, Career Development, Job
Bank of America has a summer internship for current juniors interested in marketing, communications, or project management. Go to HIREWarrington in order to apply for this internship. The position is posted under “jobs”. Deadline to apply is March 13th.
|At Bank of America, we believe in creating a work environment that enables you to exercise your potential for greatness through a global platform of opportunities.
We invite eligible college juniors with an interest in marketing, communications, or project management to apply to an internship position with Bank of America’s Corporate Function Development Summer Analyst Program.
Our Corporate Function Development Summer Analyst Program is a 10 week experience that provides participants insight into a variety of opportunities to expand upon their academic foundation – specifically their technical skills, knowledge of the industry and familiarity with a corporate environment within the Chief Administrative Office organization.
As an intern in the Corporate Function Development Program, you can expect to:
- Develop your communication and presentation skills
- Engage with senior leaders across the organization
- Enhance and leverage your analytical abilities to tell a story with data
- Network across various teams and functions
- Gain hands-on and impactful experience within the Chief Administrative Office organization
Interested students should apply online via the Bank of America Careers Site by March 13, 2020. Please keep in mind that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend applying as soon as you are ready.
We look forward to reviewing your application!