UF Knack Tutoring is hiring! Students who earn a B+ or better in the courses listed below are eligible. Pay is $12/hr. UF Knack especially needs tutors who are willing to work evenings and online. Interested students should apply here: https://studentsuccess.ufl.edu/ Courses: ACG 2021, ACG 2071, ECO 2013, ECO 2023, FIN 3403, MAC 2233, MAN 3025, MAR 3023, QMB 3250, and STA 2023.
Monthly Archives: August 2021
Apply online today: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
America’s digital disparity is too great to tolerate. What will we do?
20% of U.S. households don’t have broadband internet access, and 75% of minority households are more likely to be dependent on smartphones for internet access. Former FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn shares the real policy reforms and infrastructure investments needed to make equitable broadband access a reality for Americans.
Join the Public Utility Research Center for this free event
- Thursday, September 9 | 11:45 am – 1 pm | Reitz Union or virtually
- Free lunch is provided for in-person attendees
- While the event is free, registration is required by September 6 at 12 pm
- Learn more and register for the event on Eventbrite
For more information, please visit:
International Programs is looking for a student assistant! All applicants must be approved to receive Federal Work-Study.
This position supports the general administrative functions of the International Programs office. The student assistant serves as the first point of contact for students and visitors entering the IP office. They will direct calls to office staff, assist students and guests with questions and direct them to the appropriate resources. Special projects will also be available as assigned.
- Serve as front-desk staff, welcoming all students, UF staff and visitors to the IP office, as well as answering general questions, directing phone calls and scheduling student appointments
- Help facilitate study abroad application process from beginning steps to pre-departure
- Participates in a series of auditing tasks delegated by advising team
- Process WCB pre-professional and international equivalency requests, requiring email correspondence with students, college departments and the Office of the Registrar
- Maintain updated stock of promotional/informational flyers, as well as occasional creation of new materials
- Assist with data entry and the preparation/proofing of documents
- Work on miscellaneous tasks and special projects as assigned by the Admin and International program team
- Must be a student at the University of Florida & approved to receive Federal Work Study
- Must be able to work for at least 2 consecutive semesters
- Must be available to work between 10-15 hours/week
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Positive, team-oriented attitude with ability to work independently!
- Professional etiquette with excellent communication, written and customer service skills
- Proficient skills with MS Office Suite
- Past study abroad experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Enthusiasm for International education!
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with Adobe, webpage and social media applications
Apply on Careers at UF today! Applications close on Friday, August 20th.