Dear Heavener students –
As you are aware, COVID-19 has prompted UF to move all classes online through March 30 (http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/). This message is intended to provide you with specific guidance on the Heavener School’s action plan for all class activity, advising, and student activities here in HSB, effective Monday March 16 through at least March 30.
- Classes: all classes will be delivered online, effective 3/16. For EP courses, you will not have the option of attending the live session. Faculty will teach their course to empty classrooms.
- Advising: all academic, career and study abroad advising appointments will be conducted via Zoom (or similar), phone or email. This includes all advanced registration advising. You will not have the option of coming to visit with a Heavener advisor or team member in person. More details on advanced registration advising will be coming soon in a separate email.
- Student Activities: all CLP, BCS, BCC and student organization activities will be suspended or conducted remotely. No UF associated programs or activities will host in-person activities or meetings during this time. In accordance with UF strategy, student travel for university related activities must be suspended (e.g., student organization professional development trips). We do fully encourage and support zoom meetings.
To support these measures, the 3rd floor of Heavener Hall and all classrooms in Heavener Hall will be closed to students from March 16-30. You will have access to breakout rooms and common gathering space. We highly encourage the recommended 6ft social distancing at all times in all spaces in Heavener (and in all of your daily activities).
This is an unprecedented event, and we will continue to do all we can to deliver a high quality academic experience, while also maximizing your safety and the safety of the UF community. I also want you to know that we will all be 100% available and accessible to you during this time – to answer any questions you may have and to help in any way possible. To that end, we’ve provided a quick referral list (below) for how to contact the Heavener School departments to get a quick response to your questions:
- Academic Advising
- In lieu of walk-in advising, please direct all advising questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send email from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, an advisor will set this up via email.
- International Programs
- Please direct all study abroad advising questions to email@example.com. Messages should be sent from your UF Gatorlink account and include your UFID and specific questions. We anticipate a response rate of 1 to 2 business days. In the event a zoom appointment with an advisor is necessary, and advisor will set this up a meeting via email.
- Students can call International Programs for general questions at: 352.273.0151
- Career and Leadership Programs
- Business Career Services and Career Advising
- All students will receive notification of Virtual Coaching and Services options via Zoom from their assigned Career Coach
- General Questions
- Please direct general questions to our main business line: 352-273-0165 or our main email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please continue to closely monitor UF messaging for updates http://www.ufl.edu/health-updates/. We will continue to provide you with ongoing and regular updates as needed related to the Heavener School, to supplement messaging from UF.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team. Be safe, take care of you and those you care for. We will do the same, including taking care of you, our incredible students! Dr. S
Alex Sevilla, Ed.D.
Associate Dean & Director
Heavener School of Business
WARRINGTON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
Heavener Hall 333