The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at firstname.lastname@example.org and Allison Gatsche at email@example.com by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.