Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Information, Involvement, Job, Leadership
The Heavener School of Business is seeking talented and motivated students to become Heavener Peer Advisors and support the college’s Academic and Career Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an informed resource for first-year students regarding matters related to college life
- Guide students to relevant professional, academic, and personal resources at the University of Florida
- Provide tips on effective time management, studying, and exam preparation
- Assist Heavener’s first-year students with their Academic Plan
- Must be a second-year student or above (this means you’ve completed at least one full academic year at UF before Fall 2020)
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring 2020)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Melissa Forgione at email@example.com and Allison Gatsche at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 14th at 11:59 PM EST:
- Current Resume
- List of two (2) professional references (cannot be current students at UF); please include full name, phone number, email address, and their relationship to you
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What unique qualities will aid in your work as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- What is your best advice for first-year students?
- (optional): What are your top 5 Strengths (from Clifton StrengthsFinder) and how might they help you in your role as a Heavener Peer Advisor?
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified October 21st. Interviews will take place that week and the following week.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Finance, Information, International, Leadership, Press, Publishing, Scholarship
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career, Information, Leadership, Press, Publishing
The University of Florida provides a free academic access pass to the New York Times. You can create an account using your @ufl email at NYTimes.com/UF. The access allows you to search the New York Times historical archive dating back to 1851. The ability to search thousands of current events in topics such as Sports, Travel, Science, and much more! The student access pass allows you to even listen to podcasts, use of the New York Times Cooking App, and games such as the New York Times Crossword.
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged Announcement, Gainesville, Involvement, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Opportunities, Volunteer
SCORE, a nationwide non-profit whose mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education, needs your help. We are looking for about 10 volunteers to help with marketing, media relations, fundraising, technology, and workshop execution. If you’ve got a few extra hours per month to help your local community, we need you. Volunteering for SCORE looks great on your resume, and we can even help you launch your own business ideas!
For more information, check out https://www.score.org/volunteer, or email email@example.com
Posted in Announcement
Pre-Legal Honor Society’s purpose is to orient undergraduate students with the legal profession and law school. We hope to achieve this through meetings in which we will hear speakers from the legal community, engage in community service projects, disseminate internship information, learn about law schools and engage in other pre-law activities. Our goal is to unite pre-law students in an organization that will benefit its members by providing the contacts, and information necessary to facilitate the application process to law school.
All PLHS members in good standing qualify for a $500 discount to a TestMasters live LSAT prep course. Come to one of our meetings to ask us about this.
Come out to our first meeting on Monday, Sept. 16th!
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job
About aha Pure Foods:
When doctors diagnosed our founder, Wayne Garland, with a terminal cancer diagnosis, he traveled to Asia with the hopes of healing himself naturally. After conducting nearly thirty years of naturopathic research, Wayne teamed up with American chef Alfie Crescentini to integrate the world’s most powerful medicinal herbs, spices and vegetables into the Standard American Diet. This was accomplished through natural and delicious soup blends packed with vital nutrients, antioxidants, probiotics, and fiber. Together, they launched aha Pure Foods with the philosophy “food is medicine”.
- Prepare creative content through the use of photography, videography, writing, and editing
- Collaborate with team members on weekly projects
- Perform research on competition and analyze trends
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas
- Monitor social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Manage social media channels
- Assist in weekly samplings at Lucky’s Market and other community events
- Help prepare and package soups at our kitchen
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for growth, experience, and course credit. The time commitment is 10-15 hours per week.
To apply, please fill out the form below…
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via email will not be accepted.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career, Florida Leadership Academy, Gainesville, Information Session, Involvement, Leadership, Networking
Are you a rising sophomore in the business school? If so, are you looking to grow personally and professionally?
Business Gators, come on out to our upcoming recruitment event: The FLA Fall Meet and Greet on Tuesday, September 17th in Heavener 160 from 6:00 to 8:00pm!
The Florida Leadership Academy develops future leaders and polished professionals by providing opportunities for personal growth and networking. The FLA Fall Meet and Greet is a great opportunity to meet current FLA members and learn more about the program!
Posted in Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Job, Leadership
Tagged Announcement, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Job, Leadership
The Stephen C. O’Connell Center is a multi-purpose arena and student activity center whose mission is to serve as an academic, athletic, recreation and entertainment facility. In addition, we strive to provide superior service to guests and clients, and training for future leaders. In support of its mission, the O’Connell Center hosts five interns each semester, each with a different focus. We will be accepting applications for our SPRING 2020 position until September 23rd at 11:59pm. Please visit our website for more details: https://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/internships/
Posted in Academics, Accounting, Announcement, BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Finance, Gainesville, Involvement, Job, Leadership, Marketing, Networking, Presenting
Tagged Academics, Announcement, business majors, Career Development, Employment, Involvement, Job, Networking, Opportunities
The Heavener School of Business is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual who is personable, works well with others, demonstrates initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision. You must be able to comprehend and follow academic policies and regulations set forth by the University of Florida and Heavener School of Business. General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Preferred applicant will have strong customer service skills on the phone and in person.
The position is an 8-15 hours per week commitment.
Interested candidates should email the following documents as attachments to both Alex Gauthier at email@example.com and Lily Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 07th at 5 PM EST:
- Current resume
- A brief narrative (250 words or less) that:
- Explains why you want to become a student assistant in the Academic and Career Advising Office
- Describes the most positive customer service encounter you have experienced
Posted in Announcement, Gainesville, Leadership, Networking, Volunteer
Tagged Academics, All Majors, Announcement, Opportunities, UF, volunteerting
The Brown Center for Leadership and Service is hosting an event called Networking with Nonprofits and More.
The event will take place on Tuesday, September 17 in the Reitz Union. Check-in will occur outside of Reitz Meeting Room 2355.
This event will have up to 60 community partners who are ready to give students volunteer and/or internship opportunities. Each community partner will have their own round table with chairs so students can take their time talking one-on-one with them. The community partners will be representing a wide range of social justice causes, from youth development, health care, poverty and homelessness, environmental rights, and women’s empowerment.
If you have a student interested in coming to this event, here are a couple of links for them:
Registration form: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6h93P8kmyBPhTqB
Website with information: http://www.leadershipandservice.ufl.edu/programs/networking_with_nonprofits_more/
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/465643644165783/