Ross is looking to fill their entry-level Assistant Buyer positions. They have openings and are looking to actively set up interviews with UF students. We are recruiting positions for both our New York and Los Angeles buying offices.
Questions… feel free to contact the College Recruiter, Samantha Mitchnick @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About this job:
- The Assistant Buyer will partner with the buying team to continually improve merchandise assortments by comp shopping not only the Market but Ross Stores. The Assistant Buyer will establish strong relationships with vendors. Assistant Buyer will be responsible for administration and management of the Purchase Order cycle.
- Performs the administrative and operational functions supporting the buying team.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of the Purchase Order as well as markdowns. This includes writing the POs, changes, cancellations and necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Provides on-going analysis and interpretation of key business issues including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-To-Buy, stock analysis and other ad hoc reports.
- Responsible to ensure the effective relationship with vendors. This includes appropriate level of interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and follow-up.
- Utilizes product knowledge to take initiative to suggest new resources and creative methods of sourcing product.
- Responsible to maintain planned receipt flow and communicating any issues that arise.
- Responsible for accurately representing liquidity and adhering to PO management policies.
- Demonstrating knowledge of packaway strategy to offset additional costs of storing merchandise.
- Understands the concept of budgeting and release of packaway merchandise.
- Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior retail experience preferred (i.e., buying internship or store level experience)
- Strong retail math skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
To apply click here: APPLICATION