This session will be held on Thursday, January 24th, from 5-7PM in HVNR160 and will feature administration, academic advisors, past University Scholars, and Center for Undergraduate Research ambassadors. We will be discussing the University Scholars Program ($1750 stipend, prestigious cohort, personalized relationship with a faculty mentor), criteria for graduating with honors, and undergraduate research geared towards business students. We will specifically be talking about how to find topics, professors mentors, and the benefits of these programs. More information on the event can be found on the following Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1495009933965740/
Monthly Archives: January 2019
The position has responsibility for participating in key areas including: Corporate Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, SEC Reporting and Treasury. Such responsibilities are consistent with the skills performed by financial analysts in corporate and investment bank settings.
- Perform benchmark analysis and review of key performance indicators for the Company and its public peers; compare financial results across business units
- Analyze reports from equity analysts of the Company
- Research key industry trends and analyze results of customers and competitors in SEC filings and other public sources (public company comparisons)
- Assist the Company in the preparation and review of quarterly and periodic SEC filings
- Assist in preparation of earnings forecast and annual budget including review of key metrics and performance indicators
- Additional special project work in the areas of Treasury, Internal Controls, Process Improvement and Information Systems
- Minimum of three years of college education
- College coursework focused in the areas of accounting or finance
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Prior work experience in professional business environment preferred
Financial Systems Business Associate
This is a great opportunity to join Dycom’s finance department as Financial Systems Business Associate, where you can be a key player in helping our company maintain its competitive edge in an ever-changing diverse environment!
- Collaborate in the design and development of accounting system standardization initiatives.
- Contribute to the design and development of end-to-end accounting system solutions.
- Assist with the establishment of company wide standard processes and procedures for the accurate and timely reporting of financial data.
- Work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to deliver identified reporting solutions in a timely manner.
- Learn and assist in financial system implementations
- Generate special ad hoc and data mining reports for management as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Prior internships in accounting, or experience with data & financials systems a plus.
- Effective technical skills with proficiency in SQL and data analysis.
- Strong M.S Excel/Access abilities
For more information on both of these opportunities, https://bit.ly/2skGVNH and https://bit.ly/2CsRnIA