Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Gainesville, Internship, Job
Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019
Howard M. Rosenblatt, P.A.
Howard M. Rosenblatt is an attorney who specializes in Elder Law and Estate Planning. His practice has been ongoing for over 30 years before becoming of counsel to Bogin, Munns and Munns, P.A. He is an alumnus of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International and the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law.
We are seeking both undergraduate applicants as well as any law school applicants to assist and work one-on-one with Howard and his legal assistant, Shirley Rose. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and be adept at multi-tasking. It would also be preferable if the applicant had a flexible schedule. Responsibilities and duties for this job include:
- Researching case law and statutes
- Communicating with clients through phone calls
- Creating and maintaining client files
- Serving as a witness when documents (such as Wills, Deeds, Trusts, etc.) to be executed require witnesses.
This is an unpaid internship that will help you gain professional experience, expose you to a relaxed office setting that lets you stay in Gainesville, and introduce you to elder and estate planning law. Candidates should send resumes and/or questions to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career, Internship, Job
Johnson and Johnson has full-time jobs and internships available! Attached is the flyer with additional details. They will also be on campus next week at Career Showcase and Heavener Career Week.
F-HRLDP Internship: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/5387180628?lang=en-us
F-HRLDP Full-time: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/3275180606?lang=en-us
Apply in HIREWarrington!
Posted in Internship
Have you ever wondered what is like to work in an art museum? Harn internships are offered with the goal of providing professional experience, growth opportunities and guidance from museum professionals. Interns have gone on to careers ranging from marketing to retail management at institutions such as the Guggenheim, Christie’s Auction House, and LACMA.
Spring internships are available in Rentals Events, Social Media and Web, Retail Management, Human Resources, Development and more! Deadline for applications is October 15, 2018. Interested candidates can find instructions, applications and project descriptions at www.harn.ufl.edu/intern. Questions? Contact Paige Willis, Education Program Assistant, at 352.294.7062 or email@example.com
Posted in Announcement, Career, Scholarships
Tagged All Majors, Announcement, Scholarship, Study Abroad
The Warrington College of Business’s Heavener School of Business offers several opportunities for students to apply for scholarships: in March for summer semester, in May for fall semesters and again in October for spring semester awards. Over $60,000 in scholarships, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000, was awarded this past year to undergraduate business, online business, and students studying abroad.
- Academic scholarships:
- Undergraduate Business majors (not accounting) taking 12 credit hours;
- Online students pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- Study Abroad scholarships:
- Students (including students from accounting and other colleges) who intend to study abroad on a Heavener International Program (UF in Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome or Beijing Internship); or
- Business-only majors planning to participate on an exchange program
To apply for the study abroad or academic scholarship, complete the online scholarship application. Have your essay, Financial Aid Award Letter and resume saved as PDF documents before you start the application. Application must be completed all at once.
- Online scholarship application which includes academic plan and permission for Disclosure
- Personal essay with a statement of purpose (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
- Indication of need for scholarship
- Outline of academic and career goals
- Description of study abroad plans and goals, if studying abroad
- Financial Aid Award Letter as a PDF document (from UF Student Self-Service)
- Letter of recommendation
Letter cannot be from a Heavener School of Business International Programs staff member. Recommendation letter must be in PDF document format to be uploaded to the application. The recommender may email the letter.
- Additional essays (if applicable)
For more information follow this link: https://warrington.ufl.edu/undergraduate-current-students/scholarships/
Posted in Announcement
ORACLE is hiring! If you are interested in a Business Development Consultant, this is the opportunity you’ll want to consider!
This is an exciting chance to learn and acquire new skills while working alongside the best in the business.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, outgoing students, who harbor a passion for technology and people, and want to grow their careers in sales.
If you share our hunger and the passion to be part of a culture of innovation, agility, and performance, we invite you to apply!
Below are some links to help you get familiar with the program, the company and the role:
- Prior to any consideration for this opportunity, Oracle requires that you apply online.
- Please also send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Announcement
Info session hosted by Nationwide on Wednesday, August 29th from 6:15 pm – 7: 30 pm in Heavener 250.
RSVP Required on HIREWarrington
Posted in Announcement
RSVP, Required on HIREWarrington, and plan to attend Nationwide’s Diversity Networking Luncheon on Wednesday, August 29th from noon to 1:30 pm in 160 Heavener Hall. Hurry while seats are still available!
Posted in BCS, Business Career Services, Career
“At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our customers, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting-edge financial technology you’ll be front and center representing our brand, and providing superior customer service, to offer our customers the best solutions for their financial needs. If you are passionate about people, helping to improve the lives of our customers through financial solutions, education, and advice, and want to join an exemplary team, then join us at JPMorgan Chase.”
JP Morgan is hiring the following roles in their Branches and is looking for Military Veterans with the skills in the following areas:
-Branch Manager Trainee
-Lead Teller Operations Specialist
-Private Client Banker
-Home Lending Advisor
-Private Client Advisor
Chase Recruiters will be online to chat and discuss these career opportunities.
Posted in Volunteer
No matter what your major is, there are opportunities for you within Student Government Productions! Whether you like music or you are looking for a Directorship in Graphic Design, Public Relations, Student Outreach, Sponsorships, Day-of-Show, or Announcing, SGP has a position that will add real, quality experience to your resume.
Apply online using the link below, and be sure to download the application before you complete it.
Posted in Academics, Announcement, Business Career Services, Career, Gainesville
Tagged Academics, Announcement, Career Development, Internship, Opportunities
As we make our way to or back to school, think about exploring:
- Physical Exercise
- Something as simple as taking a daily walk around campus could help you get back into the swing of things much quicker
- Regular Sleep Schedule
- The sooner you begin going to bed at a reasonable time and getting up earlier, the sooner you’ll stop singing the post-summer blues and be ready for your studies.
- Healthy Eating
- By making an effort to start eating healthier foods once you arrive/return, you’ll gradually find yourself feeling more alert and invested in your education.
- By diving head first back into your old or new routine of attending classes and fulfilling those academic responsibilities on a regular basis, you can steadily gain all the motivation you might have lost over the summer.
- Sense of Responsibility
- Learning how to rely on yourself again can definitely help in reigniting your passion for living and learning.
- Sense of Self-Gratitude
- While getting a college education is immeasurable, there are points during the journey when you may feel overwhelmed by this path. Remember to take a moment to realize how much you truly have to be grateful for.
- At the top of your list should be the fact you’re a college student who has the opportunity to follow your passion and pursue your dream career.