BUMP Mentor Application – 2017-2018
2017-2018 BUMP Mentor Applications will close on Friday March 24, 2017 at NOON.
Mentors are selected for a 2 semester commitment (fall and spring).
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or combined degree (Warrington undergrad) business or accounting major
- Any Transfer Business or Accounting major, whom has been on the UF campus for at least 2 semesters
- Ability to commit to participate as a BUMP mentor both Fall 2017 and Spring 2018*
- Study Abroad, Internships, and Graduation are exceptions. Please contact the BUMP Advisor if you would like to participate, but cannot fulfill the role both semesters.
- Unlike other CCLD Programs or student organizations, the main development and heart of the program occurs as a mentor and mentee pair outside of structured meetings, trainings, and events. Therefore, it is important to be able to effectively manage your time and make your BUMP mentee a priority.
- Meet with your mentee approx. once per week.
- The more you put into this experience, the more you will benefit, learn, and help your mentee grow.
Mandatory Events- Dates TBA
- Mentor Meet and Greet
- Mentor Training
- Retreat @ Lake Wauburg
- BUMP Social Event
- Mentor Mid-Semester Meet-Up
- Semester Awards and Wrap-Up
Mentor Recruitment Timeline
- Fri March 24 at noon: Application Deadline
- Sat April 1: New Mentor Interview Notifications (emailed)
- Monday April 3- Wed April 5: New Mentor Interviews
- Friday April 7: Notification Emails
- Sun April 9: Mentor Meet and Greet