BUMP Mentee Application – Spring 2017
Spring 2017 Mentee Applications are open and will close on Friday, Jan 13, 2017 at noon.
- Any Warrington College of Business Freshman, Sophomore, or New Transfer Student
- Ability to commit to fully engage and take advantage of everything BUMP and your BUMP Mentor has to offer
- Unlike other CCLD Programs or student organizations, the main development and heart of the program occurs as a mentor and mentee pair outside of structured meetings, trainings, and events. Therefore, it is important to be able to effectively manage your time and make your BUMP mentor a priority.
- Meet with your mentor approx. once per week, but no less than every two weeks. Most pairs meet at least once per week.
- The more you put into this experience, the more you will benefit, learn, and grow.
Mandatory Dates (**All meetings are held from 6:00-7:30PM in Heavener Hall 160 unless otherwise noted**)
- Thursday, January 19- Mentee Orientation in Stuzin 200
- Sunday, January 29- BUMP Retreat @ Straughn IFAS Extension Professional Development Center (11am-2pm)
- Thursday, February 2- BUMP Meeting
- Thursday, February 9 or 16- BUMP Social (Details TBD)
- Thursday, February 23- BUMP Meeting
- Thursday, March 23- BUMP Meeting
- Thursday, April 6- BUMP Awards and Wrap-Up
**Attendance is highly encouraged at various informal social events which will be added throughout the semester**
Mentee Recruitment Timeline
- Thursday, January 12: Business Bash (stop by the BUMP table and meet some advisory board members)
- Friday, January 13 at noon: Mentee Application Deadline
- Tuesday, January 17: Notification Emails
For technical application questions, please contact Lisa.Dsouza@warrington.ufl.edu. For all other questions, please email BUMP@warrington.ufl.edu. We look forward to seeing your application!