CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs more than 7,200 coworkers. For the trailing twelve months ended March 31, 2015, the company generated net sales of more than $12.0 billion. For more information, visit www.CDW.com.
CDW Campus Internship
Purpose of the Position:
As a CDW-G Campus Intern your role will be to raise awareness of CDW-G to all academic and administrative departments on campus as a source to purchase IT products. CDW Campus Interns work closely with customers at the campus department level giving them a better understanding of CDW-G’s offerings, internal systems and processes. If specific CDW-G contracts or agreements are established for your campus, your role will be to raise awareness and promote the use of them to those same departments.
You will focus on building relationships with departmental IT buyers within the University in order to increase CDW-G business and identify larger IT opportunities.
This is a fun and dynamic experience that compliments any business discipline. Their interns are given a fair range of autonomy and responsibility as they build skills in enterprise account management.
• Identify key technology stakeholders by department and schedule meetings with each department.
• Help customers establish online CDW-G accounts.
• Explain the special agreements between CDW-G and the University.
• Walk customers through the order process on the CDW-G website.
• Introduce the dedicated CDW-G Account Manager to the customer.
• Report business opportunities to the dedicated CDW-G Account Manager.
• Highlight CDW-G’s relationships with key manufacturer partners.
• Participate in campus technology trade shows and vendor fairs.
• Work with local CDW-G Field Representative and vendor partners to schedule lunch and learn sessions at the department level.
• Reports to CDW-G Higher Education Business Development Manager.
• Coached by appropriate Field Account Executive or Inside Account Manager.
The job will be primarily on campus and the individual will be coached by the local Field Account Executive. Position begins immediately and continues until the student has graduated. Interns participate in ongoing training over the course of the internship including: Job Shadowing, LiveMeeting, Webinars, Online Training Modules, Vendor-Sponsored Events, and regular conference calls.
• Freshman, Sophomore or Junior who is interested in sales and marketing.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Available to work a 15-25 hour week within standard business hours (working on-campus, year round).
• Strong communication skills. The intern must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
• Entrepreneurial attitude.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Motivated to excel in the role.
Details: $11 per hour, 15-25 hours per week
If you would like to be considered this position please visit this link to join their talent network: https://www.applytracking.com/optin.aspx?c=9JK1mW82n%2foxg9VzZAZ3OZfinai5Yz7h&source=JB-12180&def=u_ShortTextField22-UF