Heavener Leadership Challenge – Spring 2015 – Delta Class
The Heavener Leadership Challenge is a premier leadership development program for sophomore, junior, and transfer students in the Warrington College of Business Administration. Through this 10 week program, you will not only learn about leadership, but you will also be encouraged to grow as a leader.
The Heavener Leadership Challenge is complementary to our other CCLD programs such as The Florida Leadership Academy, Enacuts, BUMP and the Leadership Development Program. All sophomores, juniors, and transfer students are encouraged to apply.
The Heavener Leadership Challenge is built upon the foundation that Leadership is everyone’s business. Leadership can be taught and learned by everyone. Additionally, our curriculum is guided by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner’s The Student Leadership Challenge and the 5 Exemplary Practices of Leadership:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
Must be an undergraduate student in the Warrington College of Business Administration (Fisher or Heavener Schools)
- Applicants must be either sophomores (2nd year students), or juniors (3rd year students)
- or is a transfer student
- and the applicant must be in Gainesville for all meetings and retreats
Leadership does not happen in a bubble! All Heavener Leadership Challenge participants must complete the following aspects in order to successfully complete and graduate from the HLC:
- Attend 9/10 meetings
- Attend the overnight retreat
- Complete the community service activity
- Complete the Capstone Experience & Attend the Capstone & Graduation Retreat
Spring 2015 HLC Delta Class Dates:
- Oct 23: HLC Applications Due
- Nov 2 – 5: HLC Interviews (times vary)
- Nov 14: HLC Delta Class announced
- Jan 14: Meeting 1 – Orienteering
- Jan 17 – 18: Overnight retreat, Camp McConnell – starts at 1:00 PM
- Jan 21: Meeting 2 – Model the Way
- Jan 28: Meeting 3 – Model the Way
- Feb 4: Meeting 4 – Inspire a Shared Vision
- Feb 11: Meeting 5 – Inspire a Shared Vision
- Feb 18: HLC Social Event
SPRING BREAK – HLC resumes March 11 with Challenge the Process!
- Mar 11: Meeting 6 – Challenge the Process
- Mar 18: Meeting 7 – Challenge the Process
- Mar 25: Meeting 8 – Enable Others to Act
- Apr 1: Meeting 9 – Enable Others to Act
- Apr 8: Meeting 10 – Encourage the Heart
- Apr 11: Capstone Experience & Graduation Retreat, Lake Wauberg, 10:30 AM
To graduate from the Heavener Leadership Challenge, all participants must attend 9/10 meetings, the retreat and complete the Capstone Experience retreat. All meetings are Wednesdays from 5:00 – 6:30 in Heavener Hall unless otherwise stated.
Please complete each by clicking on the hyperlink below
In this form you will be required to provide your personal information, provide answers to a few questions and provide your current resume (pdf form) – Applications due October 23 at Noon.
Upon submitting your application in step 1, you will be directed to sign up for a group and individual interview which will be held on November 2nd and 4th at various times. There are a limited number of interview slots, so applicants are encouraged to apply early to guarantee their interview.
The deadline for all applications is Thursday, October 23 at 12:00 noon. We will announce the HLC Delta Class on Friday, November 14.