BUMP Mentor Application – 2016-2017
2016-2017 BUMP Mentor Applications will close on Thursday March 31, 2016 at NOON.
Mentors are selected for a 2 semester commitment (fall and spring).
- Junior, Senior, or combined degree (Warrington undergrad) business or accounting major
- Any Transfer Business or Accounting major, whom has been on the UF campus for at least 2 semesters
- Ability to commit to participate as a BUMP mentor both Fall 2016 and Spring 2017*
- Study Abroad, Internships, and Graduation are exceptions. Please contact the BUMP Advisor if you would like to participate, but cannot fulfill the role both semesters.
- Unlike other CCLD Programs or student organizations, the main development and heart of the program occurs as a mentor and mentee pair outside of structured meetings, trainings, and events. Therefore, it is important to be able to effectively manage your time and make your BUMP mentee a priority.
- Meet with your mentee approx. once per week, but no less than every two weeks.
- The more you put into this experience, the more you will benefit, learn, and help your mentee grow.
- Saturday, April 16, 2016: Fall 2016 Mentor Meet and Greet
- Sunday, August 28: Mentor Training
- Sunday, September 18: Retreat @ Lake Wauburg
- Thursday, October 6: BUMP Social Event**
- Saturday, October 22: Community Service Project**
- Thursday, October 27: Mentor Meet-Up
- Thursday, November 17: Semester Awards and Wrap-Up
** Tentative Date
Mentor Recruitment Timeline
- Thurs March 31 at noon: Application Deadline
- Fri April 1: New Mentor Interview Notifications (emailed)
- Monday April 4- Wed April 6: New Mentor Interviews
- Tuesday April 12: Notification Emails
- Sat April 16: Mentor Meet and Greet at 12pm in Heavener Hall commons