The IRET (International Retailing Education and Training) initiative aims to build global competence in international retailing with a special focus on China. The center has developed materials that outline the opportunities and challenges in pursuing international markets. The IRET initiative is led by the David F. Miller Center for Retailing Education and Research (CRER) at the University of Florida (UF) and funded by the U.S. Department of Education– Business and International Education (BIE) Program.
Upon free registration, the IRET provides instructors, students, and corporations access to multimedia learning modules based on global retailing operations in China. The modules cover the following eight topic areas:
- Background (e.g., China’s commercial history, regional differences, tier system, retail industry structure and format, and government regulations)
- Chinese Culture and Shopping Behaviors
- Retail Market Entry Strategy in China
- Retail Marketing Management
- Locations in Chinese Retail Industry
- Retail Supply Chain Management
- Ethical Issues
- Retail Human Resource Management
For questions or comments, please contact Dr. Hyunjoo Oh at firstname.lastname@example.org.